Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Wrecked 1989 Pickup 22RE 2WD Automatic Extended Cab, Runs good - $500 firm

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked 1989 Pickup 22RE 2WD Automatic Extended Cab, Runs good - $500 firm

OK guys here's the deal. My son just totaled my 89 Toyota Extended Cab Pickup. He's fine, but the left front corner of my truck has been trashed. Everything is fine except the left front quarter panel, hood, turn signal, marker light, headlight mount, air box and the LF door binds on the quarter panel. Oddly all the metal around the headlight is smashed, but the headlight itself didn't break. There are no fluids leaking from the front end, so the radiator and trans cooler must be OK. In fact the the truck still runs, but since the LF wheel well plastic insert is rubbing a bit on the tire and the radiator is pushed back on the left side, I wouldn't drive it that way. Sorry, I don't have any pictures. I called the salvage yard and he says he can only give me $200 minus the towing fee because the truck is so old and they would just have to crush it. Well I have way too much invested in the truck to let it go for that. I don't have the time or space to part it out, so the first buyer who has the cash and can haul the whole thing away gets it. All the glass is still good and I have recently replaced lots of parts. like the battery, starter, tires, bumpers, front disc rotors, complete exhaust system including O2 Sensor, master brake cylinder and radiator just to name a few. The truck has about 160k miles on it and the transmission was rebuilt about 30 or 40k miles ago by Cottman's. It did developed a slight trans leak earlier this year that keeps the pan wet, but nothing major. I have 2 Service Manuals and several maintenance/miscellaneous items like filters and tailgate latch handles that go with the truck too. The truck is a 1989 2WD Extended Cab, 22RE engine, Automatic transmission, towing package w/ 2" receiver, tilt steering wheel, AC that still blows very cold, bed liner and fiberglass deck. It's silver with a gray cloth interior and the rear side windows are painted black on the inside. There's a little rust on the truck, but nothing major and it does have a few dings and dents, plus the paint is discolored in some areas. There is a wiring problem somewhere in the cab that keeps the starter from kicking over intermittently when you use the key and I didn't realize it until after I changed the battery, cables and the starter twice. A new 30 amp rated starter button directly wired to the battery and solenoid solved that problem. All in all there's a lot of good Toyota parts on the truck, so if you need a good 22RE engine, an Automatic transmission, electronic ignition/computer, new exhaust or maybe just a nice set of 14" tires already on stock wheels this could be your answer. There's also a new Pioneer AM/FM/CD player and speakers that's included too, plus the older Sony AM/FM/Cassette Deck I took out. I'm only asking $500 cash and that you haul it away immediately. Like I said, "it's first come first serve" and I'd act quickly too. I'm actively looking for a new truck and if my old wreck is still blocking the driveway when I bring the new truck home, I know a junk man who'll solve that problem for me...

Last edited by Papa Bear; 10-16-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 AM

were is the pics
Old 10-14-2007, 05:42 AM

Ok Guys Time Is Running Out On This Deal.

OK GUYS TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON THIS DEAL. I JUST BOUGHT A TRUCK OFF EBAY LAST NIGHT AND I PICK IT UP FRIDAY SO THE WRECK HAS TO BE GONE BY THURSDAY NIGHT. I DO HAVE ONE INTERESTED PARTY COMING TODAY TO LOOK AT THE WRECK AND WILL HOPEFULLY TAKE IT OFF MY HANDS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:55 AM

Sorry 4runnerguy no pictures, but trust me it's wrecked. What's important is the engine and trans are still good. If you're local and want to come by this week just email me and we'll work out a time. Otherwise the junk man gets it all!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 AM

My Interested Party Had To Reschedule, So There's Still Time

My Interested Party Can't Make Out Today And Had To Reschedule, So There's Still Time If Anyone Else Out There Wants In On This Great Deal. Email Me at mrmfry@yahoo.com

Last edited by Papa Bear; 10-14-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 AM

Sorry Guys It's Gone Now

SORRY GUYS IT'S GONE NOW