White 88 4x4 stolen from La Mesa CA San Diego - YotaTech Forums

Notices
Stolen Rigs This section is a listing of known stolen rigs

White 88 4x4 stolen from La Mesa CA San Diego

Old 07-31-2018, 01:35 PM

White 88 4x4 stolen from La Mesa CA San Diego

was taken last night, Iím quiet sad. Anyone happen to see anything Iíd be grateful.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:28 PM

Mother F ers!!!!!!!!

Graphics stand out, hoping they will help....Spineless, worthless sons of bitches!!!!! Ugh.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:06 PM

Thanks me too! Iím sure Iím not alone but it sure hurts more when you know how much blood sweat and tears you pour into your truck. Any eyes on it in San Diego, hit me up. Thank you all.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:09 AM

I hope you get it back.
Good luck!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:29 AM

Good looking rig, I hope you get it back in the same condition
Old 08-02-2018, 02:42 AM

Bump!
Any news?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:51 AM

Thanks for checking in! No word I suppose could be good news as Iíd suspect theyíd be heading straight across the boarder but no call at least that the cameras registered that. Wierd to hope but hoping itís a joy crime ride and Iíll just loose a stereo.

Will keep you guys updated.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:35 PM

update: still gone.....

it hurts a little.....
Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Feel bad man.

Have you considered logging a police report? Anything to help move forward.

At this point in my mind, I'd start looking for another good yota.

Do you have another auto to drive in the meantime?
Old 08-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Had my 72 el Camino stolen back in 95, had it straight piped. Dad came in my room and said I think someone stole your car. Went outside on a still winter night at 3am and I will never forget being able to hear it in the distance driving away...not sure what’s worse coming out to nothing or hearing it driving away in the night....

Special place in hell for car thieves....

Sorry man, I feel dirty thinking about it and I’m just on the Internet
Old 08-10-2018, 10:03 PM

I think whatís worse is just the thought of wanting to have put in a kill switch and not done it yet. I found a guy with a 88 in La Mesa where I live and he lost his a year ago too, apparently chop shops in the area. He was kind enough to tell his story; never recovered.

I did file a police report and Iím in the waiting period with insurance. At this point itís hard not to try stuff just for fun, I made a flyer Iím going to drop off with the trash service in the area since they see every street.

The other day some gaskets I ordered came in from 22re performance after it had been gone. That was a bummer.

But on the plus side I got engaged last week so the thieves canít bring me down. I loved that truck but Godís good and people are more important. In the meantime Iíll keep being an amateur detective because of all the hours put into that truck.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:58 AM

update: still gone. also insurance does not want to give me enough for it. what would you all say a great shape 88 4x4 5 speed with no rust goes for?
Old 08-23-2018, 03:43 PM

I'd get the mileage and blue book its value, then go from there based on condition on all vital areas.

Keep your head up despite the loss.

And reassure the fiance that wedding arrangements wont be impacted by the purchase of an older but still reliable vehicle.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:47 PM

she's all for it! she loved it more than me I think. She a keeper.
KBB doesn't go back that far unfortunalty. they initially offered me 3.8k, after an hour and a half call 5.6k but I dont think it's unreasonable for a truck in that good shape, clean title, no rust, for at least 6.5 or 7k. I mean it's pretty disheartening to see the 4runners and Pu's on there for those prices. I went to a Toyota dealer today for fun and they said they dont have a truck less than 20k. Crazy.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:51 PM

I've been looking at the tacoma generations, but it's a hard thought to step away from the 22re, I really have grown to love that engine.

I see a lot of 6 cylinders tacos, and 4runner 3VZ am I overly sketched out to not be as keen for one?
Old 08-23-2018, 11:08 PM

Its up to you how bad you really want to stay with the 22re. If you're willing to go with a younger gen engine, just think through the options that come with it and go from there. Same checks with buying used. Inspect as much as you can.

I grew up with the 22re, but learned to love the 5vz. You get used to it but will always remember the best times.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by aloharick View Post
I think whatís worse is just the thought of wanting to have put in a kill switch and not done it yet. I found a guy with a 88 in La Mesa where I live and he lost his a year ago too, apparently chop shops in the area. He was kind enough to tell his story; never recovered.

I had my 81 stolen out of the parking lot at then General Dynamics by the airport, The police found it after a woman called complaining it had been sitting in front of her house in El Cajon for 2 weeks. They did a clean remove and replace of other parts, like springs, wheels, carb, front bumper, radio,etc, guess they wanted to upgrade their truck or sell my parts. After insurance replaced the parts,I installed a kill switch. Every vehicle since then I've installed one

Congrats on your engagement and hopefully your truck will show up soon.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lons81 View Post
I had my 81 stolen out of the parking lot at then General Dynamics by the airport, The police found it after a woman called complaining it had been sitting in front of her house in El Cajon for 2 weeks. They did a clean remove and replace of other parts, like springs, wheels, carb, front bumper, radio,etc, guess they wanted to upgrade their truck or sell my parts. After insurance replaced the parts,I installed a kill switch. Every vehicle since then I've installed one

Congrats on your engagement and hopefully your truck will show up soon.
Thanks for the Congrats! Your story is exactly why I feel really hesitant to take the insurance offer right now. I feel like I've heard several stories around here about people finding their stolen trucks weeks later and I'd hate to sell it off to insurance. I would have thought it went straight across the border but it seems like almost all the stories I hear are cars in east county getting stolen, used for crimes, then end up being found in El Cajon, Lemon Grove or somewhere east county. I mean I'd be stoked to even just get the body back, considering most of the trucks I've seen out there.