YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Maintenance & Repair Archives (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Holy shiny tires Batman! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f16/holy-shiny-tires-batman-36485/)

Pretacopower 07-12-2004 05:14 PM

Holy shiny tires Batman!

Well, awhile back I posted a thread questioning Armor All and the general consensus was not to use it. Alot of you recommended Black Magic brand so I picked up some of their 'Tire Wet Gel' today, put it on my Deuller Revo's, and holy CRAP that stuff looks great!! (This coming from an Armor All guy)
I was planning on hitting the hills tonight with some friends but I dont want my shiny tires to get dirty now :hillbill:

I highly recommend it. Only 5 bucks and the look is incredible.
:bigok:

TDiddy 07-12-2004 05:16 PM

Alot of us like Meguiar's High Endurance gel too!

Pretacopower 07-12-2004 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TDiddy
Alot of us like Meguiar's High Endurance gel too!

I had that stuff in my hand before I came across the Black Magic....it was a dollar cheaper :hillbill:

shazaam 07-12-2004 05:48 PM

I used to shine my tires .. but then it just looked gay to have a lifted truck, steel bumpers, sliders, and mud tires .. and then to have them bling bling shiny.

jimbo74 07-12-2004 06:50 PM

we use meguirs hot shine spray at my work... stuff is awesome..... my tires were all nice and black before i went to carnegie, now they are like powder brown....

Pretacopower 07-13-2004 12:44 PM

Damn...well I went wheeling after all last night cause my friends begged...and all the dirt and crap stuck to my tires. This morning I came out and they were a blue-ish green color.
:pat:
Lesson learned.

X-AWDriver 07-14-2004 07:12 AM

Also remeber you should use something that actually protects the tire too since some of that stuff shines only.

tulsa_97SR5 07-18-2004 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pretacopower
Damn...well I went wheeling after all last night cause my friends begged...and all the dirt and crap stuck to my tires. This morning I came out and they were a blue-ish green color.
Lesson learned.

I'm really impressed with the Z-16 that came in my zaino kit. :bounce: Non greasy, it actually dries to the touch. Water beads up on it & it doesn't seem to attract any dust. Doesn't make them super shiney, kind of a satin.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

ElwayLite 07-18-2004 07:37 AM

Meguirs hot shine is the best one IMHO and Ive used most, just my 0.02.

Scofco 07-18-2004 08:55 AM

I've never seen this mentioned before in any tire shine threads, but this is what I have been using for years. Works damn well IMO.

http://www.eagleone.com/images/2082625.jpg

FUZION 07-19-2004 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scofco
I've never seen this mentioned before in any tire shine threads, but this is what I have been using for years. Works damn well IMO.

http://www.eagleone.com/images/2082625.jpg

:banger:

redfox435cat 07-19-2004 06:44 PM

Stoner shine spray

I found this stuff 3 years ago at a garage sale and have used nothing else since, along with all my family and many of my friends.
This is the stuff detailers and dealers use. It even brought back the black on vw bumper I long since gave up on.

Stoner Shine spray "Item# A550" Stoner offers an off the shelf version but its watered down.

The address and number on the can is
1070 Robert Fulton Highway
po Box 65 Quarryville, PA 17566
717-786-7355

The dude may or may not sell u some since this is a dealer direct number for detailing businesses. I've bought a case or two a year and has always sold me some. About 33 bucks shipped for 12can case last time, worth every penny.
My truck has so much plastic and rubber on the outside it it take about 4/5 of a can about once a month to keep it looking new. Hard when it's outside in the cali sun day after day. This stuff makes it look new but at the same it doesn't make them supersinny more of a bright satin and its not a pure silicon gel so it doesn't makes it sticky and look worst after a couple weeks if not reapplies.

fish 07-19-2004 06:51 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but why do you want your tires to be all greasy and shiny? :think:

redfox435cat 07-19-2004 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by fish
Pardon my ignorance, but why do you want your tires to be all greasy and shiny? :think:

I guess thats why I got a b in english 101 i edited it :pat: :readit:

Victor 07-19-2004 09:24 PM

I put the bling bling on with the Meguire's yester day on my wife's car and the 4Runner. Stuff last about 2-3 months. Towards the end it just looks black with no shine.

MvCrash 07-28-2004 06:07 PM

Where can I get some of that "bling bling" stuff?

MV

Victor 07-30-2004 05:52 AM

Autozone has it for sure. I think Pepboys carrys it too.

Birdman 08-19-2004 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by redfox435cat
Stoner shine spray

I found this stuff 3 years ago at a garage sale and have used nothing else since, along with all my family and many of my friends.
This is the stuff detailers and dealers use. It even brought back the black on vw bumper I long since gave up on.

Stoner Shine spray "Item# A550" Stoner offers an off the shelf version but its watered down.

I read this and found the "off the shelf" stuff at Kragen. This stuff is spray, no wipe. It repels dust and provides a satin finish. I am very happy with it so far. We'll see what the long term effects are......

I used to use the PS Supply stuff the detailers use. It's silicone based and attracts dust like crazy. I really hate the super wet look.

My ride is anti bling bling and I want to keep it that way. The only chrome I have is the antenna ring.

SLC Punk 08-20-2004 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pretacopower
Lesson learned.

Use Westley's bleach white (whitewall cleaner) on it. Even if you don't have white lettering, it cleans the brown crap off of it! :bigok:

X-AWDriver 08-20-2004 07:03 AM

I use Meguire's Endurance since it actuallly will ladt a few weeks and it stays a nice black even after a few drives in the rain.