YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Solid Axle Swaps, All Years (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f152/)
-   -   SAS Vendors (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f152/sas-vendors-268601/)

Toyota~Boy 05-05-2013 01:10 PM

SAS Vendors

# 1....... Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Feel free to move it.

Okay im just about ready to start off with my SAS. However I must gather all the hardware. There are several vendors out there. I'm a pay less kinda guy.

Trail Gear: awesome stuff kinda expensive tho. There IFS eliminator kit plus matching rear is rite at $2,500.00 shipped to my door.

YotaMasters: appears to be the same as trailgear. Includes the same stuff. Front and rear kit from them is rite at $1,800.00 shipped to my door.

What's the difference. Do you guys recommend any other vendors?

ryan_ackerman 05-05-2013 03:16 PM

all pro offroad, skys offroad design are good companies. I personally would not go with china gears kit. The yotamasters kit is trail gear.

Toyota~Boy 05-05-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by ryan_ackerman (Post 52073819)
all pro offroad, skys offroad design are good companies. I personally would not go with china gears kit. The yotamasters kit is trail gear.

What are you calling china gears kit? And why's that?

dropzone 05-05-2013 04:47 PM

He is probably referring to Trail Gear. Most of their stuff is made in China. Personally pretty much my whole truck is T-G..it works for me.

Toyota~Boy 05-05-2013 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by dropzone (Post 52073855)
He is probably referring to Trail Gear. Most of their stuff is made in China. Personally pretty much my whole truck is T-G..it works for me.

Yeah I've read all about TG... I haven't really heard of anything bad. I mean heck out trucks are Japanese so a lil Chinese can't hurt. Lol...

I'm really just looking for the best prices at the moment. I know I'm not buying straight from TG tho. I can get the same product 25% cheaper ya know.

toyota-addict 05-06-2013 09:13 PM

personally I have all TG on my 1987 7runner and I'm more than happy with it.. the only thing I think they slack on is customer service now and then.. the kit is easy to install and looks clean... I have installed two kits now a 4" and 5"

Geek Squad 06-16-2013 02:56 PM

I know the reply is late but I thought I would throw in my two cents. TG actually has a lot of stuff that is made in the USA now, but I am not sure about the parts you are looking at specifically. No matter what though, their no questions asked warranty is second to none. I run tons of TG parts on my f-toy. I also highly recommend Yotamasters, I know Eric and Jay well and you will have a very tough time finding better service anywhere.

95yoter8 06-17-2013 07:28 AM

every vendor basically has all the same trailgear stuff except Sky seems to be a tad different with their trusses and hanger but otherwise almost all of them are TG. I ordered mine from Wabfab for 1,150 to my door for the IFS eliminator and did custom 63's and new hangers and stuff from Ruffstuff. good luck