YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Southeast Fall Colors Run - Nov 5-7 @ Tellico (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/southeast-fall-colors-run-nov-5-7-tellico-40375/)

bamachem 09-09-2004 09:50 AM

It was only REALLY bad in a couple of spots where I kept getting high-centered on the tank. 99% of the trails were fine w/ the 265's, but the two times I drug the belly, it left marks... :D You have TC skids, so it's not like you have anything to worry about anyway.

keisur 09-09-2004 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
Go stubbs or custom ones like Brians for sliders. He has the CAD plans if you can find a good fab man locally.

I'll have a roller fairlead up for grabs in a couple of weeks. I'm going UHMW black for the syn line. I saw yesterday that M8000's are now going for $595 shipped on eBay - about $80 more than they were in May.

I'll keep my eye out for TWO used ones. One for you and one for Ms. Indecisive (Brian) since (s)he sold me the one from the '00 in planning for a 9000# for the FZJ and now needs another 8000# for the 85 runner he just bought.

Bain is semi local to me and will only cost me $150, stubbs or custom would cost an arm and a leg comparatively and I won't have to search for a good welder once they were shipped. I drive up to Lenior and zap, zap, zap, and Bain will weld them on for me, all for just the $150.

I hopefully plan on sporting for a new winch so the roller will come with it, I showed her pics of both the M8000 and the Ramsey 8000 and she said she liked the M8000 better. hmmm, now is that an ok? I could pretend I thought that was a go-ahead comment and order it, haha.

bamachem 09-09-2004 10:56 AM

Sweet. Well hurry up then. I'll park my rig at the top of the hill above the notch on slickrock, and when you get stuck, I'll hook you up via a couple of tow straps and the 100'of syn and drag you over it. Don't worry about a winch unless you just want one by then. :D

keisur 09-09-2004 10:59 AM

4wheel parts has them for 599 for the Hawse version and 758 for the roller version.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/produ...nches&man=WARN

bamachem 09-09-2004 11:06 AM

Already told you, I have a roller for CHEAP. It was Brian's, so you know it didn't see any use. :D I think he used it twice to move stuff around or something just to play w/ it. I will be mounting the winch w/ a UHMW hawse and syn line. Get one w/o cable if you can and I'll give you the cable and the fairlead for CHEAP.

Also, are those prices including shipping? You can get them on eBay for $530 + $60 shipping.

keisur 09-09-2004 11:07 AM

I thought you meant just the roller without the winch, I figured you were converting the winch you have to synthetic which was why you'd be selling the roller fairlead.

I kind of wanted everything new, but if I can find a winch without one cheap I'll take the cable and roller.

I wasn't going to buy from 4wheelparts, I was just pointing them out, I don't give them anymore of my money.

bamachem 09-09-2004 11:09 AM

No no no... I have a roller fairlead and cable that I'm not going to use. I'm using the winch, but I ordered a syn line and UHMW hawse fairlead to go with it.

If you get a winch, get one w/o a fairlead and cable if possible and I can hook you up w/ my takeoffs - no pun intended. :D

Oh this is about as new as "used" can get... :D Remember, it was Brian's (waskillywabbit's) :D

keisur 09-09-2004 11:14 AM

I know, I realize that, sheesh, you alabama people are hard to figure out! :P

bamachem 09-09-2004 11:48 AM

I've always been taught that it's the "across the bay" Mobile people that are just a little slow to understand us normal people. :D

bamachem 09-09-2004 11:49 AM

Now, back on topic...

1. Waskillywabbit (maybe my 85 will be ready by then)
2. Bamachem
3. seaflea and Mrs seaflea
4. Bain
5. Brett and Brandy
6. Jonathan
7. keisur - J (possibly Mrs. too)
8. justinh
9. mikeys 87
10. evilcow
11. Ravencr (Chris and probably wife this time, Kristen)
12. Paul (Ravencr's Friend) Probably

WolfpackTLC 09-09-2004 12:25 PM

I'd like to go, but I've never been wheeling before. Can someone ride w/ me and be my spotter?

Do they have easy trails? Bypasses?

I heard that Lower 2 was the easiest trail there?

waskillywabbit 09-09-2004 12:28 PM

Duh

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
I'd like to go, but I've never been wheeling before. Can someone ride w/ me and be my spotter?

Just show up ya iron pig poser! :hillbill:

:chair: :pat: :saw: :con: :ignore:

:guitar:

keisur 09-09-2004 12:28 PM

you can just ride with me and leave your yugo like yota at the trailhead. :hillbill:

WolfpackTLC 09-09-2004 12:29 PM

I don't want any body damage! My rig is pristine!

Maybe I'll bring my new toy instead... :hillbill:

keisur 09-09-2004 12:31 PM

ok, then, how about a bit of grill damage? keep it up! :hillbill:

waskillywabbit 09-09-2004 12:36 PM

Shut up (please)

I don't want any body damage! My rig is pristine!

Maybe I'll bring my new toy instead... :hillbill:

Don't make me tell you goat herder!

All I have to say is....be prepared for the 85s unveiling maiden voyage! :booty:

:guitar:

WolfpackTLC 09-09-2004 12:36 PM

I wouldn't mind grill damage, but I'm worried about my radiator...

bamachem 09-09-2004 12:41 PM

Good Grief. Don't ya just love whiney-ass pansies???

Stump1883 09-09-2004 12:42 PM

Count me in ladies, I'll be there ready to rock. I know I'll at least have one day of ride along with Wabbit. He forgot to read the fine print in our agreement over the 85. Fine Print: "The buyer(ex. Wabbit) of this vehicle is obligated to give the previous owner(ex. ME :bigok: ) a day on the trail on the trucks madien voyage." :readit:

If I can get a free weekend I would like to swap out the front diff. and entier rear end from my dad's Runner into my new rig. I want that e-locker one way or another. :rockon:

keisur 09-09-2004 12:49 PM

grill=teeth in my book. hehe.