Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Signal Peak/Eagle Lakes/Fordyce trip, June 28th (Norcal)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John101477
i could probably do the weekend of june 28th. i got a buddy thats beggin me to go wheelin so this could be a good one for him. I am not one to wheel just one day though since i am driving from chico. if it is a saturday/sunday deal then i am game.
I can't camp on saturday night, but you guys could go camp up there and I could meet you on Sunday morning...?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
so just to find out officially, Is the fordyce section canceled for this trip? Even my bro who is stock is interested, he dose have front a rear bumpers.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
so just to find out officially, Is the fordyce section canceled for this trip? Even my bro who is stock is interested, he dose have front a rear bumpers.
If I can get enough people together to go then yeah I'd be willing to run Eagle Lakes and Signal Peak, as of right now I have no one going (stuff came up, rigs are down, work etc...) so I was actually just gunna head up to the local wheelin place in Vacaville known as "Bob's" or "Mix Challenge" idk if you've heard of it...but if you two wanted to go up and run it and we had three rigs that'd be sweet! Let me know! If you're serious about it, pm me
Old 06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
If I can get enough people together to go then yeah I'd be willing to run Eagle Lakes and Signal Peak, as of right now I have no one going (stuff came up, rigs are down, work etc...) so I was actually just gunna head up to the local wheelin place in Vacaville known as "Bob's" or "Mix Challenge" idk if you've heard of it...but if you two wanted to go up and run it and we had three rigs that'd be sweet! Let me know! If you're serious about it, pm me

Hey we should get together in july and run mix. I havent been up there in about 6-7 years. Ive seen some recent pictures of people wheelin up there and it looks a lot more hard core than it use to be.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by BMC
Hey we should get together in july and run mix. I havent been up there in about 6-7 years. Ive seen some recent pictures of people wheelin up there and it looks a lot more hard core than it use to be.
Yeah man sounds good! We can't do like half the trails the way our trucks are built, but there is some fun stuff to mess around on and hangin out watchin all the super built guys go up the hardcore stuff is fun and just hangin out talkin with Bob and whoever else is up there. Also if you're interested in doin the Fordyce trip in July we should do that! You down? If I'm gunna go up to Eagle Lakes I'd rather go up when I can run Fordyce as well it'd be really hard for me to be so close and not jump on Fordyce haha Your 4runner would do great on it! Don't let the name of the trail get ya scared
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
BMC

Originally Posted by 89silverpu
Yeah man sounds good! We can't do like half the trails the way our trucks are built, but there is some fun stuff to mess around on and hangin out watchin all the super built guys go up the hardcore stuff is fun and just hangin out talkin with Bob and whoever else is up there. Also if you're interested in doin the Fordyce trip in July we should do that! You down? If I'm gunna go up to Eagle Lakes I'd rather go up when I can run Fordyce as well it'd be really hard for me to be so close and not jump on Fordyce haha Your 4runner would do great on it! Don't let the name of the trail get ya scared

Do they still only run mix on sundays or can we go up there any day of the week? I would probably be down for an eagle lakes fordyce trip toward the middle or late july. The only thing that worries me is my clutch is on its way out. A marlin clutch and a 4.70 gear set for my transfer case is in the near future but im not sure how soon that will get done. I guess ill just keep wheelin untill my clutch is toast.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:29 PM
BMC

Hey im thinking about organizing a trip up to knoxville towards the end of july. Not sure of the details yet but let me know if your interested. I didnt get to explore out there much last time since i was by myself. I would like to get a nice size group to head out there.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by BMC
Do they still only run mix on sundays or can we go up there any day of the week? I would probably be down for an eagle lakes fordyce trip toward the middle or late july. The only thing that worries me is my clutch is on its way out. A marlin clutch and a 4.70 gear set for my transfer case is in the near future but im not sure how soon that will get done. I guess ill just keep wheelin untill my clutch is toast.
Yeah it's only on Sundays, yeah you'd probably wanna fix that clutch before Fordyce cause especially with stock gears in the t case (idk if you have stock gears in your diffs) you'd be usin your clutch quite a bit, I wanna get some 4.7's or dual cases with stock 2.28's in each case, but I don't have the funds for that right now, just a broke college student

Originally Posted by BMC
Hey im thinking about organizing a trip up to knoxville towards the end of july. Not sure of the details yet but let me know if your interested. I didnt get to explore out there much last time since i was by myself. I would like to get a nice size group to head out there.
Yeah let me know, I've never been up there!