Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Rubicon June 18-20- need second and maybe third truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rubicon June 18-20- need second and maybe third truck

Hey yall.
Anybody wanna run the 'Con?

87 longbed 22R carb'd. IFS. Armor on four sides. Axle trussed. 33x12.5 kevlar wranglers. 4.88 gearing with lockrites in both diffs. In-cab roll cage (bolted, but bolted on top of the floor mounts, so whatevs)

And I'm running the Rubicon in a couple weeks. Finishing up a few things this weekend (new polyurethane control arm bushings, new ball joints, sway bar disconnect, mounting the new trail gear front bumper) and then planning to make my run the following weekend. Ordering some spare chromoly steering links in the next couple days, should be ready to go and well prepared for trail mishaps.
Haven't got a winch yet...Working with the Hi-Lift come-along kit.

So far I'm a one-vehicle team, and I'd reeeeeally like to have a second and maybe a third truck along. We've all done solo runs. They're kinda fun. Also kinda sketchy. And this is the Rubicon, not an afternoon on Bronco Peak. So if anybody'd like to come along, I'm planning on bringing a sleeping bag, a grill, and a massive ice chest full of ground beef and beer.
Don't worry, after I've had my morning Beerio's I'm a sober wheeler all day, and I stay on the trail. The rig's IFS and a longbed so it's a little slower through real tight sections, but it's proved itself at Sidewinder, Bronco Peak, and Black Cat's Paw out at Superstition. I'll get it down the trail.
So lemme know if anybody wants to come along, or if anyone's already planning on running it that weekend!

Cheers,
-Craig