Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Moab--Arches/Canyonlands July 25-30

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moab--Arches/Canyonlands July 25-30

I'll be there with a couple friends, visiting the Needles and Island in the Sky districts, and Arches...Tower Arch trail ("easy"), Elephant Hill ("difficult") and a few others ("easy" and "moderate" stuff) in Needles and Island in the Sky before our group takes off for four days in the Maze.

Thought I'd see if anyone will be in Moab the 25th and 26th, and might like to meet up to run some of the trails in the area. I have a slightly modified Tundra, there will be one other Tundra, plus a Pinz and a sacrificial rental Heep.

Anyone going to be around, interested in running a few trails, then hitting the Moab brewery afterwards?

Dunno why I didnt sign up to this forum a long time ago, looking forward to meeting some of you guys on the trail .

-Sean
Old 08-11-2004, 10:27 AM

This trip was a blast!

Review over on TundraSolutions, my fingers are getting tired :p.

No damage, beautiful scenery, fairly easy trails, great hiking, some incredible photos. We stayed at Dollhouse 1, got a great picture of sunrise on the last day .

-Sean
Old 08-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DevinSixtySeven
This trip was a blast!

Review over on TundraSolutions, my fingers are getting tired :p.

No damage, beautiful scenery, fairly easy trails, great hiking, some incredible photos. We stayed at Dollhouse 1, got a great picture of sunrise on the last day .

-Sean
Nice trip report. The Maze is awesome. I took the family out there in April. Here's one of my favorite pics, taken from Dollhouse 3 toward the spires around Dollhouse 1&2.
Attached Thumbnails Moab--Arches/Canyonlands July 25-30-mazedollhouse-smaller.jpg  
Old 08-13-2004, 07:54 AM

that's a beauty shot...i actually forwarded the thread where you'd posted it before (traildamage, maybe?), to the rest of the guys before we left...an example of the scenery we'd be around :tu:.

we didnt actually visit campsites two or three, guess we shouldve ...campsite one is amidst the fins to the left of the dollhouse area there.

-sean
Old 08-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DevinSixtySeven
that's a beauty shot...i actually forwarded the thread where you'd posted it before (traildamage, maybe?), to the rest of the guys before we left...an example of the scenery we'd be around :tu:.

we didnt actually visit campsites two or three, guess we shouldve ...campsite one is amidst the fins to the left of the dollhouse area there.

-sean
Dollhouse 1 and 2 are very similar. 3 is nice if you want to really get away from the crowds and have a bit more room to spread out.