YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   JULY 19th BADLANDS (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/july-19th-badlands-12798/)

shazaam 06-23-2003 06:37 AM

JULY 19th BADLANDS

ok guys, I'm getting ready to leave for my trip soon. But before I go I want to set a date for our next run. I'm thinking that Saterday when I get back, july 19th. We can do it another time, lets just kind of mark our calenders now so that we can take off from school, work, wife, etc.

Mike- I will try to be there weds at the shop when you get there, but I will call you first to let you know. You better make this run, no excuses about bent skid plate, thats why they have hammers and blow torches.

JP- I don't care if your selling the rig (bad idea), you gotta make this run .. at least check out to see if those ropes that you have holding up your front bumper work (j/k) :laugh: and if for no other reason, I would like to have someone with a winch there.

Andrew- lift, no lift you gotta make it out too. The truck has had 2 months off, shes aching for some dirt. She needs it for her bones.

Rob- were going to pop your cherry this time, and if you still have those damn running boards on, were just going to rip them off like JP said ... with rocks!

Joel- man I haven't heard from you in a long time. I hope you didn't get scared off by a little rocker panel dent. It's character, you can walk around saying "I got that climbing a rock, that no piece of ˟˟˟˟ jeep (sorry andy) could ever even imagine trying." I know your wedding was coming up soon, good luck with that.

Brian- I don't know if you post here or not, but I hope you make it out this time too.

to anyone else I haven't met yet, your more then welcome to join us. lets try to set the date by weds. so I can take off from work, and the hospital before I leave.

:bounce: :bounce:

AznSky 06-23-2003 07:29 AM

actually I have an exam the following tuesday of that weekend. Is there a possibility that we can move it to the 26th? That would work a lot better for me. And yes I know I have to pull those running boards off, just been really lazy lately lol.

Shazad hopefully we can see your totally changed rig in action this time, cuz I remember how it was the first time........:help: HAHAHA j/k. Yea and try to make it wed morning, cuz I wanna see what ur rig looks like now. When do you leave on wednesday?

shazaam 06-23-2003 07:45 AM

flight time is 8 pm, but I have to arrive at the airport of 4 pm, plus I still have to get my ˟˟˟˟ together, f__cking attending won't let me take time off. THey think they're god, wait till I get my students, I'm going to treat them like ˟˟˟˟. :devil:

The 26th is fine too, I just want to go soon, and I need to let everyone know a week ahead of time.

Honger 06-23-2003 02:18 PM

Still here...

Ha! I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. Funny thing is that weekend is the one after I get the dents in the rocker panel repaired (yup, I'm a wuss, I'm getting them repaired). Don't worry though, I haven't forsaken off-roading altogether.

If I do make it the woman will come with me and keep me a little calmer about pulling stunts on the rocks. She has expressed interest in coming, so perhaps I can get her to let me go and come with me! hehe

Only problem is, she is all spic-an-span and it was a pain to clean up last time. I had to hand polish the entire body (still haven't finished the bed).

And yeah, I'd love to see Brian out there again! Andrew still hasn't given us his contact info (e-mail or whatever) since he is a Jeeper).

BTW, I did some wicked beach off-roading on vacation in NC. I even rescued a Jeep! HA!:cool: I'll have pics and a story up on my website soon.

Joel

INsr5runner 06-23-2003 02:39 PM

I am making it for the 26th. I too have exams the week that Rob does, so the 26th will be a lot better.

I don't know if I will have my winch by then! I WILL have the bumper, and my lift on. no word about the skid yet. If anything, I will put the first half of it back on and PRAY for no carnage!

Rob and I are leaving here at about 9 in the am on wed.

Mapquest puts us at about 2 hours to get there so figure we will be there around 11 or so.

PoBoy 06-23-2003 05:46 PM

Ill think about it :) Hopefully by then Ill have a contract extension at work and a second car as a resut. Then Ill definitely be in...assuming it doesnt sell before then. Im pretty firm on my price...so we'll see.

26th would be good as I am jam packed every weekend till the 19th. Id like to do a few surprise mods the weekend of the 19th and then try them out on the 26th :) Yeah, Im selling it, but I cant stop modding it :bang: Left it alone for 6 months (save the ropes)...its been way too long

INsr5runner 06-23-2003 05:47 PM

Jp, what else do you have to do to that rig??

PoBoy 06-23-2003 05:54 PM

:) just some little things. Something that will turn your head though. MUAHAHAHA

INsr5runner 06-23-2003 06:42 PM

C'mon spill the beans!!! at least a clue??

PoBoy 06-23-2003 06:54 PM

Preventative damage...but something no one that ive seen has on a 4Runner. Seen on a very select number of land cruisers..but not on 4Runners. You cant buy it...you gotta fab it :)

shazaam 06-23-2003 07:24 PM

oh ˟˟˟˟, I thought you guys would be up here earlier like 8 am, and I would hang out with you guys for like an hour or so, and then head back to chicago. It's going to take you less time then 2 hours. It takes me 2 hours and 20 min to reach attica from chicago. And stegger is 40 min south of the city. I mean if you drive like Rob it might take you two hours ha ha j/k!.

Alright I'll see what I can do. Are you getting him to align it too?

I guess the 26th works for everyone, thats fine I will let the hospital know.

JP- can't wait to see your new toys
Joel- just spend $200 and get some rocksliders, then you got no worries
Rob- PMing you now

INsr5runner 06-23-2003 08:19 PM

no allign, I'm getting it done here.

I emailed Martin to see if would come.
I also Emailed Andrew to get Brian's info.

Joel, GET YOUR A$$ to ATTICA AND WHEEL WITH THE TOY GUYS!!
BRING THE LADY TOO! I am gonna bring a girlie or two! (no not Rob)

INsr5runner 06-24-2003 06:43 AM

ok fella's I talked to a guy on ODW who informed me of an event at Attica that weekend.

I will check out Yotatech. As for July-- I am planning to be at Badlands on July 26-27, when the ERoCC competition is going (www.erocc.com), and doing a little wheeling between competitions. (The whole park is open that weekend, except the one rock-quarry part/purgatory(?) where ERoCC is happening).
It might be fun to watch, but I don't know how busy it is gonna be!! I'm sure these rigs will not traverse our trails(as they are probably too easy)

is the 26th still a go?

AznSky 06-24-2003 06:49 AM

What the hell??? Is it always rip on Rob day??? Well at least it's now me and not my mom :baby: Anyways.....YOU ALL SUCK!!

26th is a go for me.

Lorax 06-24-2003 06:55 AM

We should rename to July 26th

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to lead a small group at the Badlands on July 26/27th, for both trail-riding and spectating ERoCC. Right now it is two 1987 4Runners and a 2002 Jeep GC. My 4Runner is hard core, however the other people are new to wheeling so I was planning to 'ease' them into it, start on the scenic/moderate parts (tubes, river) and then work up maybe to a little more challenge, depending on their reaction.

NOTE: that weekend is ERoCC (www.erocc.com), which is the main reason I'm going. That means that the rock quarry/purgatory part of Badlands will be marked off for the event, however they told me that the rest of the park will be open. Admission is $10/vehicle, regardless of # of occupants, and there is no tickets/reservations. General admission, first come first served.

I'm lifted, locked front/rear, and have a winch front/rear. The other two vehicles aren't far from stock. If you guys would like to join us on either Saturday or Sunday (I plan to ride both days), that would be great.

Later,
Kenton

AznSky 06-24-2003 07:04 AM

haha I"ll go with your stock friends while the other hardcore guys go with you lol. But yea, that sounds like a real good and fun idea.

shazaam 06-24-2003 07:31 AM

you know what I just realized, even after all the money I spent, I'm still stock ... no lockers, no winch :pat:

also we should probably head up there earlier, otherwise its going to be huge lines, and we won't get in till 11-12.

INsr5runner 06-24-2003 08:24 AM

Well fella's we're gonna have to get there REEAL early. Last time we were only 30 minutes past 9 and we waited for an HOUR. we need to be AT the park at like 8:45. AT LEAST.

They are closing off the purgatory entrance, so we can't go up the creek the back way, Which I think is more fun!

hopefully they will let us through there, since that is not where the rocks will be. Personally, I would rather wheel than watch!

INsr5runner 06-24-2003 09:24 AM

ok Andrew is gonna give me Brian's phone # so I will try to get ahold of him

check out andrews new Lift!

http://community.webshots.com/album/78066825sSIuwF

his is the third Jeep from the left

Andrew 06-29-2003 07:06 AM

Originally posted by INsr5runner
ok Andrew is gonna give me Brian's phone # so I will try to get ahold of him

check out andrews new Lift!

http://community.webshots.com/album/78066825sSIuwF

his is the third Jeep from the left

Mike what the heck are you talking about? I have no new lift. I received free springs that are about 3/4" taller than mine (Jeep's factory "Up Country" suspension). They're going on sometime this week if I can get a few other things fixed (I broke yet another windshield- arrgh).

I unfortunately won't be able to make anything in July. I'm out of town for most of the month.

andrew