YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   East Coast Fall Colors Run? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/east-coast-fall-colors-run-39751/)

dragr1 08-28-2004 06:58 PM

East Coast Fall Colors Run?

I see all these other posts for fall colors runs, so when is the East Coast fall Colors run?

shazaam 08-28-2004 07:17 PM

mid to late october please ....

dragr1 08-29-2004 11:01 AM

Last weekend in October is best for me, but next to last weekend in October might work too.

Any interest here?

C'mon guys.

BeaterToyota 08-29-2004 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by dragr1
I see all these other posts for fall colors runs, so when is the East Coast fall Colors run?

4x4Wire has been doing one in VA for years. Here is the info if you want to go.

dragr1 08-29-2004 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BeaterToyota
4x4Wire has been doing one in VA for years. Here is the info if you want to go.

Yeah, I replied to that post. I'm just trying to drum up some interest here.

BeaterToyota 08-29-2004 02:46 PM

Yeah, I replied to that post. I'm just trying to drum up some interest here.

So are you still planning to come up for it? That's a hell of a drive, but it'll be a fun weekend. It's usually just a 48 hour party in the woods. The trails are real easy, so the 'wheeling is relaxing and still fun. From all the talk I've heard, this year should be a pretty big gathering.

dragr1 08-29-2004 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BeaterToyota
So are you still planning to come up for it? That's a hell of a drive, but it'll be a fun weekend. It's usually just a 48 hour party in the woods. The trails are real easy, so the 'wheeling is relaxing and still fun. From all the talk I've heard, this year should be a pretty big gathering.

I'm thinking about it. How about you other guys from the Tellico get togethers?

Shazad
Waskillywabbit
Firetaco
Bamachem
Rtdawgs
Doink
Ravencr

And anyone else that I have left off.

shazaam 08-29-2004 04:32 PM

3rd of 4th weekend in october ... pretty much anywhere on the east coast I'm game ... the 1st weekend I'm going to badlands .. if anyone wants to come up with me for that ... we can do an east coast take over

shazaam 08-29-2004 04:34 PM

waskilly is rigless at the moment .. doink will probably be in school, and I haven't heard from chris on this board in a long time

dragr1 08-29-2004 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by sdastg1
3rd of 4th weekend in october ... pretty much anywhere on the east coast I'm game ... the 1st weekend I'm going to badlands .. if anyone wants to come up with me for that ... we can do an east coast take over

What about joining the 4x4wire run at GWNF on the weekend of Oct 23rd? I was hoping for something a little closer to me, like Tellico or Windrock. How are the trails at GWNF compared to Tellico?

Some other guys: Zman and Bratik-I believe they are regulars at the Fall Colors run. Guys speak up!

I can't make it to the Badlands on Oct 2, wish I could.

ravencr 08-29-2004 05:25 PM

The Dixie Run at Tellico is on Oct. 1-3rd put on by Southern, and TTORA is doing a run on Oct. 15-17th at Tellico. The Dixie Run is a huge event where they have competitions, etc. and costs in excess of $75. The TTORA guys will be running medium and hard stuff as usual. I'd personally like to do a run at Windrock this time of year, because the views are a lot better. Please we've all not been there together yet. I'd like to run Tellico with the TTORA guys, so I can run the harder trails for once. I've yet to do it, and those guys know what they are doing. I'm game for any other weekend in October.

Chris

P.S. Have there been any good threads on here lately? I've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to spend on here. I still haven't even finished my rear bumper. How awesome is that?

dragr1 08-29-2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ravencr
The Dixie Run at Tellico is on Oct. 1-3rd put on by Southern, and TTORA is doing a run on Oct. 15-17th at Tellico. The Dixie Run is a huge event where they have competitions, etc. and costs in excess of $75. The TTORA guys will be running medium and hard stuff as usual. I'd personally like to do a run at Windrock this time of year, because the views are a lot better. Please we've all not been there together yet. I'd like to run Tellico with the TTORA guys, so I can run the harder trails for once. I've yet to do it, and those guys know what they are doing. I'm game for any other weekend in October.

Chris

P.S. Have there been any good threads on here lately? I've been so busy that I haven't had a lot of time to spend on here. I still haven't even finished my rear bumper. How awesome is that?

Hey wildman!

I think Windrock would be awesome in the fall-before it gets frozen! That TTORA ride would be tempting to ride with you if you needed a copilot, but I doubt that my in-laws would go for that since it's an AU home game weekend and they get our season tickets. If you go though, I may just have too, that is if you want a copilot. You know I'll be chicken for the really hard stuff in my ride.

What is the Southern ride? All jeeps and super built rigs? That might be a good one to go watch the really hard trails.

shazaam 08-29-2004 05:51 PM

GWNF is prety tame .. I've been there once, and the main trail we were going t hit was closed. We did another one, but it wasn't much of anything. If were doing something around here, I'd love to go back to paragon or rouche creek is good too.

INsr5runner 08-29-2004 06:05 PM

i would be game for the 10 hour trek...

dragr1 08-29-2004 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by INsr5runner
i would be game for the 10 hour trek...

To Windrock or somewhere else?

ravencr 08-29-2004 07:09 PM

Hey wildman!

I think Windrock would be awesome in the fall-before it gets frozen! That TTORA ride would be tempting to ride with you if you needed a copilot, but I doubt that my in-laws would go for that since it's an AU home game weekend and they get our season tickets. If you go though, I may just have too, that is if you want a copilot. You know I'll be chicken for the really hard stuff in my ride.

What is the Southern ride? All jeeps and super built rigs? That might be a good one to go watch the really hard trails.

You're more than welcome to ride with me at Tellico! I've never ridden some of the trails they've done, so it would be a trip for the both of us, to say the least.

The Southern Ride is a big deal around here. It's Southern Four Wheel Drive Associations biggest event that they do each year. It's got every type of rig imaginable, but I'd say mostly Heeps. I've never gone just because of the cost. But, if we all went, it would be a great showing for us Toyota guys, and I'd definitely be willing to go if everyone goes. Plus we can show all those Jeep guys just how well our tiny IFS rigs go out there!!

Chris

INsr5runner 08-29-2004 07:46 PM

To Windrock or somewhere else?

where is windrock?

dragr1 08-29-2004 08:19 PM

where is windrock?

Near Knoxville, TN.

ravencr 08-30-2004 01:43 AM

where is windrock?

On the Oliver Springs/Oak Ridge line! It's closer you to, Mike!

Chris

jacksonpt 08-30-2004 03:44 AM

I'm planning on hitting 4x4Wire's Run, and perhaps a couple of trips to Paragon. I don't really have the cash right now for a second road trip though.