YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Denver area New Years Day Run (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/denver-area-new-years-day-run-101882/)

Ric 12-15-2006 06:54 PM

Denver area New Years Day Run

It was brought up to me about a New Years Day run, I thought it was a good idea, so I thought I would see if anyone else would be interested ?
Since the New Year starts on a Monday, we could do a New Years Eve run, either way, post up if you would be interested.

vwfastg60 12-15-2006 07:51 PM

Im down BUT i will be so hungover that i will be wearing ear plugs and sleeping in the bed under tie downs so i dont fly out. I will make my girl drive lol

Ric 12-15-2006 07:54 PM

lol,, sounds good.

tc 12-15-2006 08:18 PM

Sounds good to me - any ideas where yet?

Ric 12-15-2006 08:46 PM

no ideas yet, TC, your starting to make more runs on this side, lol and Im glad, your good people :great:

vwfastg60 12-16-2006 02:11 AM

Im looking forward to this run and will be ready if i have to park the truck for for weeks all fixed gassed and ready to go. I look forward to meeting you guys.

I was in lovland today and stumbled on a trail called the devils back bone or something like that. I wonder if its anygood. one other rig and 2 spotters are talking about going and making a run sometime this week to try it out. I will get pics and stuff.

Ric 12-26-2006 07:33 PM

anyone have any ideas or thoughts ? anyone want to have a new years day (or New Years eve) run ?

tc 12-26-2006 08:28 PM

I want to go!

Unfortunately, I don't know many trails around here. There's a guy on TTORA that's going to be visiting CO with his FJ that wants to 'wheel too, but he doesn't have sliders (lifted, etc but no armor)

Ric 12-26-2006 08:41 PM

There's a guy on TTORA that's going to be visiting CO with his FJ that wants to 'wheel too, but he doesn't have sliders (lifted, etc but no armor)
i dont visit TTORA anymore, but i think i know who your talking about, hes on the FJ site, something about starting at noon, but cant remember where they are going ?
Yankee is always fun in the snow, and we just ran Carnage, i know Brandi wanted to run something, and maybe Doug, we will see.
coming back from KC, where the temp was warm, and NO snow, i need to wheel, lol open for suggestions.

Hotrodguru 12-26-2006 10:09 PM

First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone. Time is pretty limited now so I'm going to post some details I've also posted on the FJ forums and TTORA.

Ohh my name is Jay :)

Alright this seems like the most concrete thing going. So if we need to edit this please let me know. Seems like we'll have people off the FJ Forums, TTORA, YotaTech and my buddy Adam who's following in his Heep.

I'll be checking these thread 2 or 3 more times before heading out on Friday morning. There are threads on all the above mentioned forums.

What: Guru in Colorado Meet and Greet w/ hopefully some wheelin action.
When: Monday, January 1st, 2007 at 12pm noon.
Where: Hickory House Ribs - Parker, CO
Address: 10335 South Parker Road - Parker, CO 80134
Phone: 303-805-9742
Directions and Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...m=1&iwloc=addr

Some recent wheelin pics:

www.revo1.com/fjspringcreek5

Ric 12-26-2006 10:24 PM

welcome Jay, heres what i posted on the FJ forum:

thankx for the update, if your planning on doing a run, id suggest running Yankee Hill its not a hard trail, but with snow, makes it really fun, and your not going to slide off of a mountain, lol, and theres always Crnage in Boulder, with the snow and ice, seems to make it a little easier, just suggestions.
I`ll wheel just about anythingm as long as 4LO is used, lol

tc 12-27-2006 07:31 AM

Either of those sound good to me - I've never done Yankee Hill. I would imagine Crystal/Moody will be closed by then.

Man, I should really bookmark that Forest service site that tells the condition of the seasonal gates...

Ric 12-27-2006 07:34 AM

Man, I should really bookmark that Forest service site that tells the condition of the seasonal gates...
lol you and me both, lol

coloradobound 12-28-2006 05:40 AM

Here ya go.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/arnf/conditi...rd/index.shtml

JadeRunner 12-28-2006 06:30 AM

Wish I could go, but I will be in Glenwood with the wife.

The Rising Sun hard core guys will be up Yankee Hill New Years Day, so look for them. We will be doing our Annual Snow and Pizza run up the on Jan. 7th (lots of rigs).

I think the snow will be hard and difficult, with sugar underneath - let us know how it goes.

Ric 12-28-2006 07:25 AM

Scott,
wish ya could make it..

I think the snow will be hard and difficult, with sugar underneath - let us know how it goes.
thats what Im hopin, lol, but Id rather be wheeling or trying to wheel in it, than looking at it from home :D

Wheres Brandi, he wanted to do a New Years day run :dunno:
Chris are ya out there ?
John,,, where are ya ? did you get that steering fixed ?

Lysmachia 12-28-2006 08:27 AM

Obviously I'll be there with Troy!! I think Yankee sounds fab... I kinda want to give carnage a rest!

Ric 12-28-2006 09:52 AM

not sure if we are gonna have enough people willing are able to make this, I just talked to Chris, and he is on his way back from Texas, with a moving truck and an RX-8 so they will probley get stuck somewhere along the way, havent heard from John, so I may just go play pulling people out.

Hotrodguru 12-28-2006 10:14 AM

Well we're getting ready to head out in the AM. Heading out to do some final shopping and preperation. Heading to buy an entry level Cobra radio. So who's all meeting up at the Ribs place in Parker?

Cmadness 12-28-2006 01:21 PM

I'll come have some lunch with you since I live 5 mins. away. I'm down to wheel Sunday and Monday as well.