YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   AZ trail run, Lake Pleasant to Crown King, 13 Nov, 2004 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/az-trail-run-lake-pleasant-crown-king-13-nov-2004-a-41294/)

crawler#976 09-20-2004 07:05 AM

AZ trail run, Lake Pleasant to Crown King, 13 Nov, 2004

CHANGED THE MEETING PLACE - SEE BELOW!

OK,

I'll just set a date :laugh:

Who's comin' along?

Date: 13 Nov 04

Time: 9:00 AM Meet'nGreet, Depart 9:15 AM SHARP. If you're late, try to catch up at the end of the pavement (or slightly past it) on the west side of Lake Pleasant. We'll be stopping to air down prior to heading up the hill.

Meeting Place:

The Albertson's/OSCO Parking Lot
Carefree Hwy & I-17
3130 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ

Directions Southeast side of N 33rd Ave and W Carefree Hwy.

CB Channel 8

Plan on a full day trip w/ lunch at Crown King some where between 12 and 1:00 PM if it goes OK. Bring a snack or two to get ya by if we run longer.

AzStorm 09-20-2004 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by crawler#976
OK,

Who's comin' along?

Is it doable with open diffs and 31's?

crawler#976 09-20-2004 08:43 AM

I haven't been over the trail in a year, so I don't know what condition it's in after the rainy season.

The ledge at the Oro Belle mine is the only non-bypassed obstical. It can be done w/ your rig, but you might need a tug to get over it. As for the other stuff, you'll have to make up you're mind about'm, but they would be difficult for you.

AzStorm 09-20-2004 09:41 AM

I haven't been over the trail in a year, so I don't know what condition it's in after the rainy season.

The ledge at the Oro Belle mine is the only non-bypassed obstical. It can be done w/ your rig, but you might need a tug to get over it. As for the other stuff, you'll have to make up you're mind about'm, but they would be difficult for you.

I havent been that route in about ten years! I guess its about time to quit being such a cheapskate and spend some $$$ on this truck of mine.

Ive got plenty of power...its more the traction issue Im concerned with.

Sounds like a full day of fun,especially with the weather cooling off.
I guess I'll have to be a definate maybe at this point for attendance.I'll let you know if things change.

crawler#976 09-20-2004 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by AzStorm
...........Ive got plenty of power...its more the traction issue Im concerned with.

I gotta Detroit Locker for sale that'd fit in the rear diff :hillbill:

AzStorm 09-20-2004 11:46 AM

I gotta Detroit Locker for sale that'd fit in the rear diff :hillbill:

I saw that...Im holding out for some ARB's though.
Most of my driving is around town and I like the idea of being able to have a locker functioning on command.
I also still need to re gear.
My "need to do " list is much larger than my wallet :mad2:

Hong 09-20-2004 11:55 AM

Can a stock TRD taco do it?

? hong

crawler#976 09-20-2004 12:03 PM

W/ the e-locker - YES

With the optional by passes available, you can do it fine. There are a couple spots you'd wanna look at first. We got a stocker TRD w/ locker thru a couple years ago w/ no "visable" damage. :hillbill:

crawler#976 09-20-2004 12:11 PM

an old pic of the Sloyota in it's early stages of development

this one of the fun parts of the trail- it is bypassed where the other trucks are parked- all the major stuff is similar

Hong 09-20-2004 01:03 PM

hmmm... no "visible" damage eh? What the heck, I'll plan to be there.

hong

KING 09-20-2004 03:25 PM

I was there two years ago and raining hard with my stock truck on 31s with no damage what-so-ever.

Its just a little more challenging.

tallboy 09-20-2004 06:19 PM

I'm going.

Mark

Have you been up the road that starts just below Oro Belle? It will take you right back onto the Senetor Hyw. The road is really easy,for those that are worried about Oro Belle. We often go that way back on the Quads to avoid some of the truck traffic onthe way out. Ther is A bunch of old minning equipment on that road.

So I will be there if i don't break my Yota on the Desto run! I will met you guys at Castle Hot Spings Rd and Carefree Hwy. Thats a little closer for me.

Greg

sschaefer3 09-20-2004 06:30 PM

I ran this with the Virtual Jeep Club on there annual anniversary run and I think the trail has gotten quite a bit easier. I did everything all optional lines and was sitting in the restaurant by 1:00pm. We left at 8:00am.

I led a group of TJ's and we were movin.

rimpainter.com 09-20-2004 07:39 PM

We'll be there if I can get this stupid locker wired up by then. :bang:

crawler#976 09-21-2004 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by tallboy
Mark

Have you been up the road that starts just below Oro Belle? It will take you right back onto the Senetor Hyw. The road is really easy,for those that are worried about Oro Belle........

Greg

Minnehaha Flat- used to be a lot of standing buildings in that area when I went thru there as a kid in the 70's. Good option!

AzStorm 09-21-2004 05:22 AM

OK,

Who's comin' along?

Date: 13 Nov 04

Time: 9:00 AM Meet'nGreet, Depart 9:15 AM SHARP. If you're late, try to catch up at the end of the pavement (or slightly past it) on the west side of Lake Pleasant. We'll be stopping to air down prior to heading up the hill.

Meeting Place: I-17 and the Carefree Hwy, West side of the Freeway.

CB Channel 8

Plan on a full day trip w/ lunch at Crown King some where between 12 and 1:00 PM if it goes OK. Bring a snack or two to get ya by if we run longer.

Ok,you talked me into it.....Im Going!!
Let me know if plans change. :D

crawler#976 09-21-2004 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
I led a group of TJ's.........

I'm sorry :D

Steve, t hanks for the info- hopefully we'll be able to make good time up da hill. A burger and beer in CK is sounding better and better :drink:

AzStorm 09-21-2004 06:04 AM

I'm sorry :D

Steve, t hanks for the info- hopefully we'll be able to make good time up da hill. A burger and beer in CK is sounding better and better :drink:

They make GREAT burgers!! :bigok:

I'll will probably be heading up the hill to Prescott from there,time permitting.
Anyone else wanna go?? :P

KING 09-21-2004 07:09 AM

NOV 13th is the last day of deer season for me. If I am able to hunt my deer before this date, I will show up.

sick4runner 09-26-2004 01:03 PM

I am in the same boat with az storm if ya still have room for another rig, i will get back to you prior to the trip, i have some wrenching to do, but i would really lke to come along