YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f149/)
-   -   what would someone pay for a restored 4runner (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f149/what-would-someone-pay-restored-4runner-269520/)

Ztank 06-02-2013 12:27 PM

what would someone pay for a restored 4runner

i am doing a complete restore on a 1988 toyota 4runner from the ground up what would something like this be worth and if someone is really interested i could build it for you

wyoming9 06-02-2013 12:43 PM

It is only worth what someone that has no mechanical skills may be willing to pay.

You will be lucky to get the cost of the parts back out of this project

These vehicles have a regional market .

Define what a complete restore means to you .

To me it means the body is taken off the frame and one goes from there.:jessica::jessica::jessica:

Good luck:fire2:

Ztank 06-02-2013 01:07 PM

yea i will be painting the frame the truck has no rust so no rust work it will be getting a fresh rebuild on a 22re with only 110000 miles camed bored redoing the 5 inch rough country lift all the body work new dash out of newer model and then the interior exaust and then havent decide on the color for it yet prolly a nice candy apple with white stripes

scope103 06-02-2013 04:20 PM

Good luck recovering what you put into it.

slacker 06-02-2013 04:50 PM

you have 7 posts here .. pretty tough business

we have been doing this for 33 years an are pretty well known .. and it's still a tough business
best of luck

bone collector 06-02-2013 05:36 PM

I wish the best. Just don't be like the craigslist post I saw last week here the guy had put 150,000 into the truck and was asking 32,000. Which is a small percentage of the population would even consider buying a 25 year old truck at 32k. Like the others have said its a tough business. good luck

dropzone 06-02-2013 05:53 PM

I have always understood the definition of restored as bringing a vehicle to as new stock condition.

What is your skill set? Photos of previous work? Do you do it right or dice and splice wiring?

A friend of mine does Concourse de Elegance restorations and his shop turns out 3-4 cars a year, sometimes working on a project for 6+ months. He charges a buttload and has a long waiting list because people know the quality of his work.

Resto-noob 06-03-2013 01:21 AM

To add to that, what's the point of a lifted restoration? Who is going to spend a ton on a frame off just to beat on it? Then your choice of lift, etc. unless you are going for the fifteen chrome shock fan club, why bother?

Ztank 06-03-2013 04:04 AM

the lift on it did not bend the frame at all it was just bolt ons and my skill set is we have a familly owned shop for almost 40 years now with no bad reviews and we care about quality

Ztank 06-03-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by dropzone (Post 52082774)
I have always understood the definition of restored as bringing a vehicle to as new stock condition.

What is your skill set? Photos of previous work? Do you do it right or dice and splice wiring?

A friend of mine does Concourse de Elegance restorations and his shop turns out 3-4 cars a year, sometimes working on a project for 6+ months. He charges a buttload and has a long waiting list because people know the quality of his work.

yea we do that to we do restorations as side work we we only do one a year though because of the amount we go into them the one we are working on now has a little over 120k into it i will post pics later

Ztank 06-03-2013 01:17 PM

is there any one with interior for an 88 4runner i need the seats and all the trim panels just name your price and send me pics please much appreciated