Notices
Buying & Selling Advice - Feeler/Gauging Interest This general forum is for those seeking information about buying, model features/differences, pricing to sell, and related advice

HIGHLY considering picking up an 89 pickup details inside opinions welcome

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIGHLY considering picking up an 89 pickup details inside opinions welcome

Sorry if I overlooked an intro section- I'll just add it to this
I'm Bobby I'm 20 and from Southeast Missouri

I've never owned a 4x4 or a truck for that matter but I've always wanted something I could go out with and play in the mud a little with friends.

I have the chance to do some trading on a 89 Toyota regular cab. it has a 350tbi out of a 94 Chevy and a th350 trans. 3 inch body lift and 33 inch mud country tires.

I honestly don't know much about what I'm looking at but I like what I see. I'm planning to go tomorrow to test drive it and help make my mind up but I wanted to get opinions and find out everything I need to keep an eye out on.

I'm trying to research more but it's hard between work and being busy to be online much looking.

The guy is probably a member here but I'm not sure

from what I see this is almost rare.. a rust free bed! lol.. needs some paint though.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:21 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
350 in an IFS truck, not the first one I've seen but not many out there. How much is he asking for it. It's also nice that it's the TBI and not EFI (PITA) or a carb'd gas hog. I'd go for it, but might tear through CV's in the winter. Would make good mud truck though, light and strong engine. Just got to watch out for the CV's.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM

He was asking 3500obo for it and said he needed 2500 out of it

I have a 2000 vw passat wagon with 5-speed that needs a few things that Ive been trying to sell for a few months but I've not gotten a better offer other than an 81 full sized chevy lowered and cammed .. I was wanting 4500 for the car but I've dropped it to 3500 and still no decent offers..

In my area nobody wants it .. It's a great car but no one wants a 5-speed station wagon .. I just wanted to get rid of it to get a toy.. I still have a 95 gti and 98 jetta so I'm good lol
Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 AM

My first post!
It depends on what you want to do with it, yes a little truck with gobs of horsepower will get you through the muck, but maintainence may become a factor quickly, if you like a leisurely trail ride, find a 4 banger and have fun with it.
I personally wouldn't get this truck because I like to screw things up on my own, and because I believe in proper gearing, not displacement. But I don't like going fast. In the end no matter what we have to say it's all up to you. Good luck!