YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f139/)
-   -   northern nevada loss of trails (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f139/northern-nevada-loss-trails-229073/)

nvtoyota 02-04-2011 06:30 PM

northern nevada loss of trails

so i have been in the army for the past four years and just recently moved backe to northern nevada around reno.
now the problem i recently went looking for the trails i grew up on and found that most of them are now closed. i speculate that they are closed because of stupid people who take there old couch or tv and dump it . the majority of which have no intrest or have ever been part of any club or organizaton that actuly uses these trails for there intended purpose. now i am mad at those people but am also wondering why this has gone unnoticed and was not posted or talked about.

anyway i was wondering if there is anyone else that has seen these closeures and others and post on here so i will know and can avoid the frustration of going out and finding it to be closed.

thanks anyway:tread::king::soap:

MudHippy 02-04-2011 07:32 PM

Don't even get me started. Yeah, I've noticed it in my neck of the woods, BIG TIME!!!

And as far as I can tell, Tread Lightly is part of the problem NOT the solution. Why do I say that? I'll tell ya why, I've seen one too many signs that read "This trail's CLOSED, Please Tread Lightly!". And I'm NOT talking about trails "temporarily closed" that are within OHV areas. These are old trails and logging roads that have been used for recreation for DECADES, GENERATIONS, showing no signs of neglect or misuse/abuse of any kind. They're directly responsible for 99% of all trail closures EVERYWHERE, reasonable or NOT. Gee thanks guys!!!

How else are you going to make sure we ALL have to "pay to play"? You ain't pullin' the wool over my eyes. I know EXACTLY what you're up to...

:pissed:

nvtoyota 02-05-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by MudHippy (Post 51653214)
Don't even get me started. Yeah, I've noticed it in my neck of the woods, BIG TIME!!!

And as far as I can tell, Tread Lightly is part of the problem NOT the solution. Why do I say that? I'll tell ya why, I've seen one too many signs that read "This trail's CLOSED, Please Tread Lightly!". And I'm NOT talking about trails "temporarily closed" that are within OHV areas. These are old trails and logging roads that have been used for recreation for DECADES, GENERATIONS, showing no signs of neglect or misuse/abuse of any kind. They're directly responsible for 99% of all trails closures EVERYWHERE, reasonable or NOT. Gee thanks guys!!!

How else are you going to make sure we ALL have to "pay to play"? You ain't pullin' the wool over my eyes. I know EXACTLY what you're up to...

:pissed:

you know i saw a couple of tread lightly signs on the closed sign or right next to it i had always thought that company 'place most people join to help keep trails open'
yes most all the trails i found closed and have went on sence i have been back are old trails with little or no sign of abuse they have been there sence before my dad started driving and he told me about them when i started driving on them and all the good times he had i was hopeing to share this with my kids but at this new pace of closeing old trails i wont get to:mad2: