93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

T100 Horn wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T100 Horn wiring

Horn not working on my t100. Tested both horns straight to battery and both work. Can hear horn relay in driver kick panel clicking. Fuse works and has 12v power to fuse block. With multi meter hooked to horn harness and depressing horn I get no voltage. I am figuring a break in wire between relay and horn. Or prior to relay on the power leg (trigger leg appears to be working). Any advice on finding the offending wire?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:04 PM

Upon further trouble shooting, confirmed that the relay power leg is hot, also confirmed horn push is completing ground for relay, used ohmmeter from outbound side of relay to the horn harness with no joy. So somewhere in the middle is my problem. Is there any junction boxes or plugs or is it a single wire all the way?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:03 PM

To follow up, got the horn working, a previous owner had done some wiring swaps, there was an old harness plugged into the horns that ended abruptly without actually connecting to anything. I was able to find the correct harness points for the horn (had to solder one harness back together) and get the horns working!