93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

97 T100 SR5 4x4 3 of 4 gauges not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 T100 SR5 4x4 3 of 4 gauges not working

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. My gas gauge, oil pressure gauge and charging gauge stopped working. Gas gauge shows half a tank, but it’s full. Oil pressure needle and charging needle are all the way to left and don’t move. Temp gauge is working, as is the speedometer and odometer.
I parked the truck last week and got back in it yesterday, only to discover rat(s) had set up home in my truck. They ate my seats, steering wheel, molding etc... I found poop all over my passenger compartment and under the hood in the bottom of air filter Intake. I’m guessing the gauge aren’t working because the rats ate some wires, although that’s just based on the fact they worked last week when I parked it and don’t now. The fuse that controls the panel is fine. The wiring under the drivers seat appears to be untouched by the rats. I looked under the dash and don’t see any obvious areas of destruction, but I haven’t removed any of the dash.

Im looking for some help as to where to start with fixing the problem. Thanks again.