General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for new short

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searching for new short

OK, I am technical and should be able to figure this but still need help.

I was installing an aftermarket DVD/TV in my 04 Sequoia. Thinking it was a good idea and save me time I attached the constant, ground and door trigger wires from the DVD player to the dome light wires. Worked for a VERY short time. Blew the 10amp dome fuse in the engine compartment so disconnected DVD to wire direct to battery ( Like I should have in the beginning) but now I have caused a short in the dome circuit.

Here are the steps I have done and where I am.
After I blew the second fuse I did continuity test and found truck side of the fuse was shorted to ground

Removed the fuse block under the driver side. Check continuity of red and white wires from dome to white connector OK, white connector to engine fuse is OK.

Check for short every time I plugged a connector back into the fuse block. The black connector on the top left side was the last one, Yep short.

Also, disconnect (+) from battery no short, reconnect battery and short reappears, so I know it is in one of the active components.

My wife found the keyless entry didn't work any longer either. She has refused to drive it till it is fixed

Tonight I found the clock does not keep the time. When you turn the truck off the clock resets to 1:00 and the AC resets as well

Does someone have any ideas, the diagram for the circuit and I also am looking for the pin out for the black connector on the top left of the fuse block.

Help?