Go Back  YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related)
Reload this Page >

Well, that day has come....my lifted 1st gen 4runner is sold. Got some goodbye pics.

Notices
General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Well, that day has come....my lifted 1st gen 4runner is sold. Got some goodbye pics.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, that day has come....my lifted 1st gen 4runner is sold. Got some goodbye pics.

Well, that day has arrived. I've put alot of work into this truck, but bills and some unexpected problems showed their ugly face. So the decision was either my truck, or my turbo'd/built delsol. Since my business relies on custom turbo installs, custom turbo manifolds, and other parts for imports it's just in my best interest to keep my delsol.

So, this local kid ended up wanting it. We worked out a deal, and I said screw it. I'm probably gonna curl up in the fetal position and cry for a day after it's gone. So, as I mentally prepare for that, we got a little snow and I went out to get some final pics. I went to this one place, but just said screw it and went back in the woods.

BFG A/T's in heavy mud and snow is risky by yourself in the woods, but they were actually pretty freakin impressive. The pics don't do the conditions justice. I got down into these woods and was like...oh boy, I could be in trouble. The mud was SOFT underneath the snow, but I totally enjoyed the hell out of it. It's gonna make me miss it even more.

So on to the pics.



















RC000E is offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
  #2  
Contributing Member
 
Jay351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: maple ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,055
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sucks you sold her. I hate to rub salt in the wounds but you are going to regret it!
Jay351 is offline  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:50 PM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, I know it's gonna suck. I still have it for the moment. The guy gave me the cash, but didn't have money for the transfer. So it looks like I have it for 4 more days.

I want to build a pickup in your gen next...so I'm just keeping myself in that mindset. I've got the pics...I'll remember it, then when the time comes I'll build a pickup. Gotta think positive somehow.
RC000E is offline  
Old 11-27-2008, 03:55 PM
  #4  
Registered User
 
axelkoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, PA
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post
Well, that day has arrived. I've put alot of work into this truck, but bills and some unexpected problems showed their ugly face. So the decision was either my truck, or my turbo'd/built delsol. Since my business relies on custom turbo installs, custom turbo manifolds, and other parts for imports it's just in my best interest to keep my delsol.

So, this local kid ended up wanting it. We worked out a deal, and I said screw it. I'm probably gonna curl up in the fetal position and cry for a day after it's gone. So, as I mentally prepare for that, we got a little snow and I went out to get some final pics. I went to this one place, but just said screw it and went back in the woods.

BFG A/T's in heavy mud and snow is risky by yourself in the woods, but they were actually pretty freakin impressive. The pics don't do the conditions justice. I got down into these woods and was like...oh boy, I could be in trouble. The mud was SOFT underneath the snow, but I totally enjoyed the hell out of it. It's gonna make me miss it even more.

So on to the pics.




















where were these pictures taken...it look reallyyyyyy familiar...
axelkoup is offline  
Old 11-29-2008, 03:28 AM
  #5  
Registered User
 
hatda02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Socialist Pittsburgh
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think he is on here anymore so we'll never know....but I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at the pics. We chatted on here awhile back when he was first selling and I think he was north of PGH. Those buildings with the blue are what look familiar to me.

Where you at in CBG? I was originally from the Houston area but moved to Weirton.
hatda02 is offline  
Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
axelkoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, PA
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatda02 View Post
I don't think he is on here anymore so we'll never know....but I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at the pics. We chatted on here awhile back when he was first selling and I think he was north of PGH. Those buildings with the blue are what look familiar to me.

Where you at in CBG? I was originally from the Houston area but moved to Weirton.
ya, almost looks like southpointe or some industrial park of a sort...

but i live up near town park, just out of the middle of town, top of the hill by St Pat's church
axelkoup is offline  
Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM
  #7  
Registered User
 
sa51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NH/NY/FL
Posts: 604
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
its always depressing to lose loved ones
sa51 is offline  
Old 12-04-2008, 06:08 AM
  #8  
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
99SR5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: leesburg, VA
Posts: 888
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oh man i love that runner, i would have said sell the del sol and turbo the 3.0. but what lift is on it?
99SR5 is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 05:25 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RC000E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jay351 View Post
I hate to rub salt in the wounds but you are going to regret it!
This guy was right^

I am here lookin at this post thinkin man...wish I had this one back. Guy I sold it to destroyed it and it was in a junk yard within a yr, no lie.

I have had tons of things after this but, really never found a clean first gen again in price range I wanted to spend.

I just bought a 92 Pathfinder and its the SE, LSD rear, rear carrier, etc so...hopin I can bring this one close to this 4runner.
RC000E is offline  
The following users liked this post: RC000E
RAD4Runner (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:45 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
Discombobulated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,803
Likes: 0
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
While I do like the older pathfinders........good luck bringing back the feel, feel for you man
Discombobulated is offline  
Old 04-14-2019, 06:32 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
old87yota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,905
Liked 92 Times in 87 Posts
Move to the West Coast!

There are still nice 4Runners here, but the clean ones are getting more and more expensive.

old87yota is online now  
The following users liked this post: old87yota
RAD4Runner (04-14-2019)
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Scenic WonderRunner
Off Topic Talk
48
03-09-2019 12:10 AM
toyota32
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
6
07-06-2015 05:42 PM
Vargntucson
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
0
07-04-2015 12:15 PM
CJ94yota
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section)
2
07-03-2015 10:14 PM
marcusSRG
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
20
06-27-2015 07:13 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, that day has come....my lifted 1st gen 4runner is sold. Got some goodbye pics.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: