General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Want to drive the world's most reliable car? Try a Toyota

Old 10-27-2014, 03:54 PM
RSR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Want to drive the world's most reliable car? Try a Toyota

Saw this headline today: "Want to drive the world's most reliable car? Try a Toyota"
Toyota is the most reliable car for the eighth year in a row, according to Consumer Reports’ annual ranking.

The company’s Toyota and Lexus models came in at the top of the list, which is based on a survey of subscribers.

The respondents were asked to report any serious problems they had with their vehicles during the previous year that that they considered serious because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime.

“Toyota has a strategy that emphasizes reliability over excitement,” Jake Fisher, Consumer Reports’ head of auto testing, told the Associated Press. “They take a conservative approach to redesign and roll out new features slowly.”

“The risk is they may not have the latest bells and whistles, but the reward is world class reliability,” he added.

Other Japanese brands including Mazda, Honda and Subaru also ranked inside the top ten. Audi was the highest non-Japanese car brand inside the top ten. The Buick attained the highest ranking in reliability for U.S. brands.

Fiat-Chrysler car brands – Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Fiat – made up the bottom four spots in the rankings.
Source: https://fortune.com/2014/10/27/want-...-try-a-toyota/
Old 10-27-2014, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
My father in law is retired Ford UAW and admits the Japanese puts out a more dependable truck. Since switching from domestics to foreign, my repairs have become basically non existance. Just maintaince. Over the years I spent alot on repairs on daily drivers then the headache of being without it. Wish I would of switched a lot earlier.