YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/)
-   -   Running board question. (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/running-board-question-149786/)

ms_betty 07-19-2008 07:18 AM

Running board question.

Hi,

While I know most of you are taking yours off if you had them, I have kid(s) ( 3 year old and new one in October) that will be getting in and out of the back and the running board helps them a lot. To tell the truth, I guess I sort of miss it too. ( Old 4runner had them)

I'm sure even I could handle putting them on myself. My question is, are there different sizes? Or can I buy any kind and put them on. Is there a good place to buy them?

Thanks much for your help!

CLin9383 07-19-2008 04:51 PM

i'd say check the forums on here as someone has them laying around in their garage or something. you could probably get them cheap if not free minus the shipping of course!

jmt83 07-19-2008 04:53 PM

I'm thinking of taking mine off. Want to trade for the hood with scoop?

ms_betty 07-19-2008 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by jmt83 (Post 50877950)
I'm thinking of taking mine off. Want to trade for the hood with scoop?

Noooo! Not my scoop! :P

jmt83 07-19-2008 05:54 PM

Hey it was worth the try. I'm looking for a black hood with scoop. I still might sell the running boards though.

ms_betty 07-19-2008 05:57 PM

How much? ( am I allowed to ask that in the forum?)

Alabama is kind of far, I have no idea what shipping to Wi would be.

Good luck finding your scoop! I think it's what sold me on this truck over an '01 for nearly the same price.

bigt 07-19-2008 06:03 PM

yeah those hoods are saught after and worth bank...

there is always people getting rid of some on here for free plus shipping or 20 or so bucks..

i know when i was a kid i need the running board to get in my parents 87 4runner..
good luck if i was you i would ask a local junkyard.prolly cheaper than shipping and you take them off so you learn how they go on!

ms_betty 07-19-2008 06:10 PM

Thanks for the idea.

I'll try and do some phoning around here. But if not, I'll try and find some in northern Il, or Wisconsin.. so I could pick em up. :)

After buying this baby I'm car rich and cash poor.

JasonWin 07-19-2008 06:53 PM

I'd put some sort of step bar/slider instead of running boards. But hey, that's just me.

ms_betty 07-19-2008 07:09 PM

I did see a really sweet chrome bars on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...271782158&rd=1

Kind of spendy, and I'd still have to get them on my truck. They would look really good though.

bigt 07-19-2008 07:19 PM

for kids you need something with grip... i like black but thats just me and factory is quaility..i would def check out the junk yards or some of the members on here that work at them!!! im sure they will chime in when they read this!

E30RUNNER 07-21-2008 06:28 AM

nice runner! Just sent a pm I have a pair of OEM running boards. My car is exactly like your btw.

surf4runner 07-21-2008 01:45 PM

^ if those dont work out i have set off(still on) my 02, silver
not looking for a lot of $$ and will ship at cost.

dropzone 07-21-2008 02:32 PM

Like always it seems like some Yotatech members are stepping up to the plate to help a member out. Nice to see:grouphug:

ms_betty: congrats on the new little one:bigok:
--not a sales pitch, but from previous experience Paypal has worked out great for me on online purchases on YT and other forums

ms_betty 07-21-2008 03:12 PM

yeah! it's great. I appreciate the offers I've gotten so far. Not that I know how much to offer. I'm still going to try a local junkyard for comparison and proximity on Wednesday when I don't have to work till the afternoon. Then I ca get back to you guys.

I love paypal too.

Thanks for the congrats. A Boy this time *eeek. ;)

ms_betty 07-27-2008 01:24 PM

No luck at the junk yards and the local shop wanted 597$ plus tax to get them in and installed. Way too rich for my blood.. especially since the check engine light has come on! not quite a week into owning the new beast too. I'm trying to get teh dealership I bought it from to pay to fix, since the sales guy let it slip that it had happened before, and now they would know for sure what the issue was. Mass air flow something.

* fingers crossed they fix it.

E30RUNNER 07-28-2008 05:15 PM

Any plans of coming down to western suburbs of chicago. I still have my running boards available that will match to your car perfectly (black) and will easily bolt on with i believe 6 bolts. Let me know if your interested.

ms_betty 07-28-2008 06:19 PM

I know we won't be for at least a couple of weeks. If you are just storing them, I can let you know, as soon as I know. Whenever my in-laws are home we could do a visit with a western suburbs detour, or they might be able to for us.

I do appreciate your offer, and I hope I'll have a better answer soon!~

Thank you thank you!

E30RUNNER 07-29-2008 04:07 PM

yeah their sitting in my garage. They are in really good condition and will fit your 4runner without any issues (size, color match). Let me know in advance when you plan on coming down I don't have them listed but would like to sell them.