General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Quick Help On Buying New Yota

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Help On Buying New Yota

Hi! I just made this account to ask a few questions. So I'm trying to purchase a truck and picked out a few I thought that were decent. One of them (89 singe cab) I was looking at I have a question about. The truck itself has about a 4-5 inch lift and is stupid clean with a newer rebuild (10k I think). It has 35's and the 4 cylinder. While test driving the truck, it performed great in 2wd, but when out in 4wd there was a noticeably loud clanking noise that got faster as the Rpm did. It sounded like something was hitting something (driveshaft? ujoint?.) Putting the truck I'm 2wd it went away I'm about 20 seconds. Seeing that the seller was willing to go down in price since she didn't know before (claims she hasn't put it in 4wd I'm years.) What do I do? I looked under and the driveshaft wasn't close enough to hit anything. Could it be the ujoint do to the severe angle from the lift? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:17 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Could be CV axles too.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:46 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Now this has to have a story behind it .

Just who did the truck belong to??

Lift kit 35" tires fresh engine 10,000 miles but has not had the 4 wheel drive engaged in years !!!!

Then maybe the truck has set for a few years

From the little you have shared the Alarms are going off!!