General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Krud Kutter for engine flush???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Krud Kutter for engine flush???

Anyone ever used Krud Kutter “The Must for Rust” to flush coolant system???

i know my heater core has rust in it. I’ve gone to replace it multiple times but seems I have an oddball size so no luck replacing. I use this stuff all the time for rust on body and frame.

My heater blows less than 95-100* or cold days. Which really isn’t doing the trick. For those that don’t know i’m up-state NY and it has not even got cold yet, mid/low 20’s. T-stat functions as suppose to, valve to heater works as suppose to. Summer before last I had heater core out and used this stuff to soak core which improved performance from 70-80* just never flushed with it.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
<25% phosphoric acid, according to the msds.

I don't think I'd be comfortable running that in my engine. You wanna pump it through the heater core, grab a pond pump and a bucket. Worst case you've got a leaking heater core you are gonna have to by pass.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:53 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Being your in Up State Ny.

Any Radiator shops near by ??

Explain you have a odd ball core they can either clean yours fabricate a new core to match yours. If yours is to far gone.

Before my local guy retired I used both those options a few times.

Is the air door working like it should these Toyota`s work best when it is set to fresh

Running a 195 Degree Thermostat ??

I need to find my Thermometer just to see what my heater puts out down here in the tropics about 5 hours south
Old 11-18-2017, 06:26 AM

Well you guys inspired me to exercise google more. So not a good idea as phosphoric acid reacts with aluminum and guess what our water pump is mounted too. Talk about a newbie thought that a bottle would fix a problem.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I know an Orielly Manager that has since retired. I too had difficulty finding the correct core. Orielly has two providers of their core. One is from Mexico and the other from China/Taiwan. I forget which country had the correct core. When I have to replace a core, I have them order one from the warehouse with each country designation. Orielly is my nearest part store. I looked at your profile and see you have an 86 Runner, they do have one for your truck. Not sure how some of the other part stores have their stock, but orielly will have the correct one. The manager and me tried to get Orielly to fix problem but last I knew it had not changed.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:43 AM

Thanks!! As I do this more and more I find patience and research are more important than proper application of force

i’ll check It out.