YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/)
-   -   hydro assist fluid (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/hydro-assist-fluid-262664/)

SHINE RUNNER 12-14-2012 01:51 PM

hydro assist fluid

i just put a trail gear hydro assist on my rig. it says to use high temp synthetic power steering fluid only. i can't find that kind at any of the parts stores. most have never heard of it. is any one running this kind of fluid or something different

fillsrunner4 12-14-2012 01:55 PM

Royal purple power steering fluid is all ya need

SHINE RUNNER 12-14-2012 03:11 PM

how many quarts. its the 6" ram with stock resivore

b4wheeler 12-17-2012 04:08 PM

'Til it is full........

pyrojoe22 03-22-2014 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by b4wheeler (Post 52014580)
'Til it is full........

And how many is that????

JasonYota 03-22-2014 08:55 AM

Buy a case or something. You do carry spare fluid don't you? Especially if it's something you can't find local

pyrojoe22 03-23-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by JasonYota (Post 52179491)
Buy a case or something. You do carry spare fluid don't you? Especially if it's something you can't find local

Nope, it's called "I'm a broke college kid and $6 for an extra bottle of fluid is a meal I won't be able to eat until my next pay check." Pretty pathetic that no one can give a straight answer for how man bottles a ram/hyrdo-assist set up holds. If I asked my John Deere dealer how many gallons of oil my tractor holds and he replied with "enough till it's full," I'd punch him square in the face. Guess I'll call Trail Gear in the morning and ask them and post it up so other poor souls like myself can find the answer.

JasonYota 03-23-2014 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by pyrojoe22 (Post 52179719)
Nope, it's called "I'm a broke college kid and $6 for an extra bottle of fluid is a meal I won't be able to eat until my next pay check." Pretty pathetic that no one can give a straight answer for how man bottles a ram/hyrdo-assist set up holds. If I asked my John Deere dealer how many gallons of oil my tractor holds and he replied with "enough till it's full," I'd punch him square in the face. Guess I'll call Trail Gear in the morning and ask them and post it up so other poor souls like myself can find the answer.

If you a broke college kid why did you buy hydro assist? I'd hope your john deere dealer can tell you how much oil your tractor takes because it's stock. You have changed your system, increased the amount of fluid needed

pyrojoe22 03-24-2014 02:35 PM

For the record, the systems with ram and fluid cooler/radiator, will hold approximately 48oz.

@JasonYota - Simple answer: I love off roading. Some people in this world are actually willing to work for what they want. If I spring a leak on the trail, I can simply plug my ram outputs in a matter of minutes and limp back to the trailer.