General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

How often do people offer to buy your Toyota pickup? :)

Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Numerous times, in person and notes left on the windshield. It's only a 2wd also.
It sits in front of my house most of the time, not a DD.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the freakin time!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I've ha quite a few offers on mine. Then I also get the people that are like, " hey are you selling your 4runner", and when I say everything's for sale at the right price. They then start in, " we'll how much can you actually want for an 85 with 200k+ miles and a dented fender".
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my truck serviced and state inspected at my local Toyota dealer about two weeks ago. They parked it in a remote area of the show room area until I could pick it up. The owner of the dealership said he could have sold it at least 25 times for a whole lot of money. Ha Ha!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by suncomb1
I had my truck serviced and state inspected at my local Toyota dealer about two weeks ago. They parked it in a remote area of the show room area until I could pick it up. The owner of the dealership said he could have sold it at least 25 times for a whole lot of money. Ha Ha!
This doesn't surprise me! Your truck is probably the most beautiful Toyota I've ever seen!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:08 PM

Gotten asked a couple times and the most interesting one was at a gas station and a woman asked me for change, i had none but then she asked to buy my truck.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM

well.. having a lifted red truck with gigantic white sr5 stripes all over them...i get offered at least once a week
I learned to wrench on this truck and I will keep it running for as long as I live!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 PM

I do miss my 89 22re 4x4 w/AC. Can't seem to find another one.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Probably hundreds of times

This has happen to me way more times then I can count.

I as well have a '94 2wd Toyota pickup. I've owned it for well over a decade.

Most of the time someone would approach me while at a gas station asking if I wanted to sell. A huge percentage of these people were either Mexican or Puerto Ricans. These guys seem to love 2wd Toyota's.

Even though the truck itself only books for around $3500 dollars, I always say "everything has a price I suppose, but I might take 5 grand for this truck, but it doesn't book for that much" This statement usually runs people off and does the trick. Being 19 years old it has lower miles, (just over 100k) if it ever needed something I always replaced it a.s.a.p., If at all possible with denso genuine parts. Recently I even fixed the Air condiitoning and I'm in the process of installing a condenser fan.

I've even had some people get mad when I would tell them 5 grand. (This is why I don't like talking with people I don't know, especially at gas stations) Some say “WHY SO MUCH!?!” People don’t get it. I wouldn’t be scared to jump in this truck and drive it across the country. This is how much I trust it. If you sell something that is very dependable you wouldn’t be able to replace it for less then 5 grand. (Unless you get lucky) 5 Grand would be a decent down payment on a new one, which I wouldn’t want to go in debt for.

If I had to guess I probably get asked 2 or 3 times a month if I would sell it. There was a guy that I kept running into all around town, every time I saw him he would ask me if I would sell it. If he saw me driving by he would try to flag me down…. He wanted to trade me some 70’s model ford truck that was in horrible shape that didn’t run right and needed a gas tank, breaks, valve cover gaskets and the bed sides were rusted all the way out. (Probably much more LOL) and $300 cash to boot. Seriously?? Are people this dumb? My frame is perfect and the body has one little rust spot on it you can hardly see. Why the hell would I trade for that?

I finally had to tell the guy that he was harassing me and that was against the law….

Anymore if someone asks me if I want to sell, unless I know him, I ignore him. I know this seems harsh but really you had to be there for some of these discussions that occurred over the years.

I think it’s a Toyota thing not just a truck thing.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM

I've had my truck a year and a half. I've had maybe 10 or so offers to buy my truck. The first came 6 days after I bought it. I was in the driveway changing the oil and an old guy pulled in driving an old Chevy Scottsdale and said I shouldn't have to worry about an old truck that needs work all the time and he'd be more than willing to take it off my hands for me so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore! LOL! Nice try, old man!

The idea of trading for the Scottsdale did cross my mind for a split second, I've always wanted one of those. Now that I know more about the Yota, I'm not trading it for anything! Maybe one day I'll get my hands on a Scottsdale and park it next to the Yota.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:32 AM

Even with stickers on the windshield and back glass that say "Not for sale", I still get asked or find a note on the truck... Sometimes it's cool, other times it is annoying.

PROOF.....LOL
Name:  IMG_20130630_134932_895.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  24.3 KB

Last edited by gmack192; 08-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:38 PM

Love mine, would never sell .
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 AM

Bout a week ago a guy wanted to even trade his red 06tacoma extra cab for my dads blue and rust 87 pickup at the mobile station
Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 AM

I would get asked a handful of times a year. It happened more often before I painted it. The highest offer I had was $6000. After I painted it I would tell them everything is for sale for a price and I just did a $20 000 dollar paint job on it so make an offer. No offers since the paint

I get lots of people telling me all about the truck they used to have.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:58 AM

I've had an offer for trade of a mint condition '87 iRockZ, a fourwheeler, and once a diesel. No cash offers that even come close to what I have in it or what I paid for it. I can't bring myself to get rid of it, but the Camaro was tempting...

I've been making offers on another '85 that my buddy has that doesn't run... he doesn't like my scrap metal prices for some reason...
Old 08-27-2013, 11:33 AM

At least twice a year. The most common offers I get come from South American guys in the construction trades. This past hunting season a Russian kid asked to buy it even with a deer in the back. But the Warn bumpers are worth more than anyone would want to pay.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 PM

After finally getting my license plate I drove the Yota to work. I got two offers the first day I drove it on the job site, and one of the guys tried again 3 days later.

So that's 3 offers in the two months I've owned the truck!!!

Last edited by ReddBull31; 08-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 PM

I've had three offers just this week. None of them wanted to give me what I thought it was worth, not that I would sell it anyways!

It's funny though, when I turn them down, they always slam my ride for whatever various reason "It's probably on it's last leg anyways", "The old ones ain't as dependable as the new ones anyways" etc...
Old 11-22-2013, 02:13 PM

I usually get one offer a month for mine. It is usually a guy who says he had one like mine, sold it and kicks himself every day.
I did the same thing with 60's Pontiacs. I went through 2 66 Catalina's before I became a Toyota owner. I would miss the Pontiac so much I had to have another.
After I bought mine the guy who sold it to me gave my number to the people who wanted to buy it from him, I wanted to give him a nice kick to the nuts as I had people calling me every damn day.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get offers or interest all the time.

Same sob stories about how they had one and sold it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do people offer to buy your Toyota pickup? :)