YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/)
-   -   Anyone ever used this spray on bedliner? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123/anyone-ever-used-spray-bedliner-134089/)

Allstar93088 01-06-2008 01:30 PM

Anyone ever used this spray on bedliner?

1 Attachment(s)
It's called U-Pol Raptor Truck Bedliner kit. I was wondering if anyone has ever used it. How does it hold up? I want to do a bedliner for my truck but i dont really want to spend 400 dollars on line x so i am going the cheap route. I have read alot of forums talking about Herculiner, if anyone has info about pro's and con's of this product as well please lettme know!

Allstar93088 01-06-2008 07:32 PM

nobody huh?

James Dean 01-06-2008 07:46 PM

I've used similar products. You can't build it up as thick as a real sprayed bedliner, but it works pretty good. Prep is important. Sand or scratch the paint up well for adhesion. Mask everything you don't want it on, it goes everywhere. It takes a long time to dry. Don't plan on using it within a few days. If your looking to hide a bed color or just cover scratches it is great. If your planning on using it to haul bricks or debris, I'd go with the real thing.

4banger444 01-06-2008 07:56 PM

Where'd you find it at? never heard of it i just heculined my 2 bumpers they turned out sweet we'll see how they hold up but it was like 30 bucks for everything i needed

Allstar93088 01-06-2008 08:26 PM

The local napa store sells it, not to sure of the price...but i had checked on ebay and found that you can get it for bout 90.00. It comes with a spray gun also...i figured it would be convienent kit to use, but doesnt look like many people have used it. I dont plan on carrying nothing like bricks or debris very often mainly to just haul some deer around after the hunts, i just want it mainly for looks...i have a plastic bedliner...and noticed it was rusting a lil underneath so i figured i would go with a spray on.

swaycleveland 01-06-2008 08:32 PM

check out the discory channel program " blast lab" or something like that they just did athink on rhino liner you wont friggin believe what they did!!! sold me !!!!!!!!!

4banger444 01-06-2008 08:40 PM

I heard about that, pretty amazing

Froggy93 01-06-2008 08:49 PM

Yeah I watched that show. They blew up a truck with lots of dynamyte(wrong spelling I know but can't remember right one at this time) and the only good piece left was the bed which had been rhino lined. I Know it is more expensive, but after those results, That is the only thing I will ever put in my truck.

Allstar93088 01-11-2008 04:41 AM

So i guess i should either use herucline or get it professionally done?

woody88 01-16-2008 06:21 PM

i have seen some pretty crappy jobs done with do it yourself liners mainly peeling off after about a year. but i did see one that was awesome by a kid in my auto tech class it was a do it yourself roll on but instead he used a wagner power sprayer and sprayed it in (i think he layered it). but it has held up great and he always is hauling his motorcycle and stuff so it gets used and id say its as good as my dads line-x.

tdesantis 03-14-2011 10:01 PM

u-pol raptor is the best stuff i have used. sprayed a whole vw bug with it 4 yrs ago and it hasn't faded or peeled. i just bought a whole kit for my addicted offroad bumper. plan on giving it 4 or 5 coats. great stuff. much better than any of the roll on liner

sweet_emo7 03-19-2011 03:43 PM

like others have said, prep is definatly important. I had a friend spray his own truck, and he thought it was prepped properly but is started to flak after a couple years

babakh20 03-22-2011 04:43 PM

i think prep work would be key. have any pics?