Tips & Tricks Tips and tricks to make the site easier to use such as posting pictures, where to host them, and avatars

Photo / Video Hosting Sites

Old 06-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Photo / Video Hosting Sites

Photobucket had been plagued with pop-ups / ads and is excruciatingly-slow. I have stopped uploading to it.
Example of Photobucket pop-ups

My new favorite host is google photos. Youtube remains my go-to video host.
Google photo links are a little tricky to embed; The photo icon on yotatech interface does not work. I have to copy the image URL and put it between the bracket"IMG"bracket and bracket"/img" bracket in using html (source code) in order to make it work, but still works better than photobucket.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agreed! My photobucket account has been compromised more than I care to admit and every time I log in I get the "YOU ARE THE WINNER OF A GIFT CARD" scam
Old 06-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 568 Likes on 448 Posts
I have just been uploading pictures directly to Yotatech.

I do not know what the limit is but it has worked well for me so far. Plus you don't have to worry about image links becoming broken like I see on so many old threads.

You all have your Pop-up blockers on, right? Anti-malware software?

"YOU ARE THE WINNER OF A GIFT CARD"
Maybe you can fund an entire restoration with all of the money you collect! Keep hitting the refresh button! (OK, don't actually do that...)

Last edited by old87yota; 06-06-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:55 AM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by old87yota
I have just been uploading pictures directly to Yotatech....
You all have your Pop-up blockers on, right? Anti-malware software?
Photobucket has taken our photos hostage. No worries, I have good backup with a well-organized folder system. Absolutely stopped uploading to Photobucket. Will upload photos that don't work on PB anymore to Google photos.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 568 Likes on 448 Posts
What is the best way to post photos at this point in time?

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Photobucket has taken our photos hostage. No worries, I have good backup with a well-organized folder system. Absolutely stopped uploading to Photobucket. Will upload photos that don't work on PB anymore to Google photos.
Good! Everyone should have a backup in case something like this happens!

I have noticed that quite a few threads are messed up by Photobucket's new "terms and conditions".

I was looking at one of Terrys87's threads last night and all of the pictures are a no show.

Now a question or two to the moderators:

Is there an advantage to using an Image hosting site like Photobucket (before the change) as opposed to uploading directly to YotaTech via the insert image from computer option?
Maybe you can organize pictures better?

Is the space available to users too limited to just upload to Yotatech for large, picture heavy threads?

Is there any reason website wise that a third party image hosting is preferred to uploading directly to Yotatech?

The reason I bring this up is that third party hosting seems to cause many problems over time on forums like Yotatech. If a hosting site changes its policies, a user rearranges photos inside of the hosting site, or end their account with the hosting site, then the pictures no longer work.

Here are a few threads I was reading last night that no longer have pictures:
(Terrys87 1985 xtra cab restoration, Terrys87 1988 4Runner restoration, Kawazx636's 1983 red pickup restoration, and RAD4Runners build up)
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f198/85-extra-cab-saved-crusher-263813/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199...thread-227399/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f197...ration-264229/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199...ild-up-252300/

Thanks!

Last edited by old87yota; 06-30-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Search this Thread