Announcements Announcements and news by Staff to let the community know what we are up to at YotaTech

Infinite Scroll & Related Threads

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:16 AM
IB Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infinite Scroll & Related Threads

We are launching a new, simpler way to read YotaTech: Infinite Scroll.

Instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to read additional pages, you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality of the site. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or simply want to remove related threads, head to the User CP > Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads.”

**For users using the mobile template on their phones, I would like to add that the User CP option to disable infinite scroll and related threads does NOT apply to the mobile template.

Last edited by IB Jose; 09-18-2018 at 03:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
abaddon11b (11-16-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
I will have to try this new feature out! It looks useful!

Also, thanks for having the option to switch back. This can be useful if you prefer the old layout.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Would you please look into a way to disable infinite scroll for the mobile stylesheets?

I know there are several of us that it is an issue for due to poor memory management. For an example if I scroll through a few pages and want to reply with an image attached it's not going to work. Another example is picture heavy threads crash the browser after awhile of reading.

The work around I use is to jump to page X and close out the browser then restart it and it will pick up on that page with a smaller memory footprint.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
^^ This is a good point. I have had these problems before too, but I just chalked that up to the fact I bought a cheap phone!

I don't use the mobile version much because I find it much easier to see things on a full-size computer screen.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:45 AM
IB Staff

We don't have plans to disable infinite scroll on mobile devices at this time.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
I don't use the mobile version because it suck.
it would be nice to be able to have the option to disable it
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 AM
IB Staff

We are adding more layers of separation between the thread you're in and the next thread you roll into for the mobile template to make sure users aren't confused or accidentally scroll into, but again, no plans for disabling infinite scroll on mobile at this time. We are continuously improving the mobile template to provide parity between it and the desktop template.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Been away for quite a while- now this: NEW stuff to learn--yepee!

p.s. the changes do sound like improvements vs the usual change for changes sake found in todays "tech" world
The following users liked this post:
IB Jose (08-19-2019)
Old 01-10-2021, 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1985 Pickup Upgrades

Yota Users, I am the proud owner of a 1985 Pickup with minimal rust and almost everything works. Need to do some restomods for sure.

Hope to catch up later as I progress through the upgrades to suspension, bed, box and body.

Brentwood Bay, BC
Old 06-02-2022, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 1991 4runner and doing a 3.4 swap … the donor vehicle is a 98 T100 I have all wiring and complete donor truck the problem is that I’m at the wiring stage and the harness from the dash side of the cpu doesn’t fit and I bought the clips that I need to use but I can’t find the right diagram that shows where each pin goes in the clip I believe the cpu says the clip is number 22p
Old 06-04-2022, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up infinite scroll

We understand the value of your time and money! If you feel like you don’t have enough time to invest into cleaning and maintaining your own car like professional detailers do, simply book an appointment through our website - we are always ready to help and the results will better than any physical car wash in rockville.

At A Perfect Car Detail we offer a convenient, effective and proven solution for car detailing in rockville md and all your other automotive needs. Our car detailing services are mobile to make everything convenient for you. Now you can get a professional car detailing right at your doorstep, anytime anywhere you need.