YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Do not mind the bold yellow text... (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f121/do-not-mind-bold-yellow-text-210882/)

Corey 05-01-2010 10:45 AM

Do not mind the bold yellow text...

At the top of every page.
I had it in regular lettering, but the message did not seem to get across.

We new members who create an account and because they either entered a wrong return email address or did not check their junkmail folder for the registration letter to complete their signup process, they decide to create a second account.

This causes staff a lot of extra work emailing the member involved and merging accounts.

Hopefully the big/bold/yellow text message will stand out a little more.
If not, I will have to resort to a loud klaxon alert horn :D

elblako91 05-01-2010 11:11 AM

I sure noticed it, but then again I come here everyday.

toylocost 05-21-2010 10:05 PM

How bout we remove this for people who are logged in? Would that work? Its getting quite annoying.

1981 yota 05-21-2010 10:17 PM

hey Corey i will admit that i accidentally made two accounts because i made one before i moved then had no internet for a month or so i had forgot about sorry bout that but the old account is 81 yota i dont use it so you can delete it so other can use the name

Corey 05-22-2010 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by toylocost (Post 51451459)
How bout we remove this for people who are logged in? Would that work? Its getting quite annoying.

Can not do that, as daily we get multiple signups here.
Not just the spammers, we could care less, they are desperate and we just ban them.
But members with good intentions who just found us are doing it too instead of reading the rules section which prohibits having multiple accounts.
This makes a ton of work for staff and I when there are multiple accounts.
Maybe the text needs to be 10' tall to get their attention.

If there is a way for the text to not appear to members already signed up successfully, I will look into it when I get time.

Originally Posted by 1981 yota (Post 51451460)
hey Corey i will admit that i accidentally made two accounts because i made one before i moved then had no internet for a month or so i had forgot about sorry bout that but the old account is 81 yota i dont use it so you can delete it so other can use the name

It is merged now with your new account.

waskillywabbit 05-22-2010 06:20 AM

How about we just :ban: stupid people altogether? :hillbill:

:guitar:

Corey 05-22-2010 06:23 AM

I just upped the text size to twice the size :laugh:
But...you will only see it once when you come here.
After that it goes away.

If you close your browser and come back again, you will again see it only once.

Hate doing this, but the amount of multiple signups we get is incredible, and merging two accounts together is time consuming and updated automatic response threads in our staff section waste our time.

xxxtreme22r 05-22-2010 06:25 AM

holy hell can't miss it now hahahaha

Corey 05-22-2010 06:32 AM

Could also up it so the text fills the whole screen, but that would be overkill.
There are several settings I can play with such as you net seeing it at all, it would only show it to unregged users.

Lets see how this goes...

Elton 05-22-2010 08:43 AM

i don't see this giant text you speak of

Corey 05-22-2010 10:04 AM

Here, lemme make it BIGGER

Elton 05-22-2010 12:21 PM

you should make it so it covers the whole page make it flash too