YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Tech Section (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Welded rear ends (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120/welded-rear-ends-257700/)

Dutter 08-18-2012 05:48 PM

Welded rear ends

So i guess my spider gears are almost on the loose side so winter i might just weld it up and ill have my pops weld it hes been welding for like 30 years iv only been welding for 4. But how much faster will it wear down my tires, i know its a lighter truck but still

4x4jeffyota 08-18-2012 06:14 PM

My rear is welded and I am actually thinking about swapping in an open carrier bc it EATS tires man. If your truck sees a lot of pavement dont do it. But its very easy to weld em up.

Dutter 08-18-2012 06:24 PM

alright and yeah its my daily driver, but it sucks off road compared to my ranger i had, this just cant get traction idk if it the tires or what cus my brother has thee same truck as me just lifted more and on 35s and he has a welded rear and it gos everywere like my ranger did

4x4jeffyota 08-18-2012 06:27 PM

Do what I did. Buy an extra diff and weld it. So you have the option to switch back when ever you want. If you lived near me I'd give ya mine.

MudHippy 08-18-2012 06:28 PM

You guess your spider gears are on the loose side? You know what? I don't even want to know how you came to that conclusion(though I have a very good idea exactly how...and it's wrong). Much less what you mean by "on the loose side"(again you're most likely mistaken/having been misled on that). So I'll just assume they are. WTF ever that means. There's a pun in there you probably missed as well. Been on kind of a pun kick lately(if you haven't noticed). And hey...what happened to that LSD you took...I mean had in your rear axle?:con: Let me guess...you finally figured out you don't have one?

So how much faster will the tires wear? Like he says...WAY FASTER!!!

Are we through here?

Oh, BTW, this's been killing me. Do you prefer it said doo∙ter or duh∙ter. I personally prefer doo∙ter. For reasons that require an explanation I'm not going to give you. Just curious what you'd prefer.

PS, we don't like it much when people talk about _ords here. So would you mind keeping that to a minimum. One more time and I'm probably gonna go ape on ya...:pop:

4x4jeffyota 08-18-2012 06:29 PM

If you do it, just learn to make really wide turns.

Dutter 08-18-2012 06:37 PM

thats actually a good idea and thanks for the offer,,,,,,, And yeah its a open diff the guy lied to me, and u can tell if there worn when u jack one wheel and turn it side to side and feel the slop(not that hard) and its duh ter like butter but with a D

rokblok 08-18-2012 09:59 PM

You will always have that "slop" if you check it that way. Even if it's a brand new truck... That's not how you check for wear in a diff...

Dang Mud, you feeling froggy...?

westjohns yota 08-18-2012 11:46 PM

seriously mud, drinkin on that frog juice again? every rear end is like that, my rear locker kills my tires, wish mine was selecable