YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Tech Section (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   pickup and T100 IFS similarities? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120/pickup-t100-ifs-similarities-257488/)

Vin4Runner 08-13-2012 07:47 PM

T100 and pickup IFS????

After careful thinking, ive decided to purchase a T100. Only draw back as you know is lack of aftermarket support. Finding a good lift is dam near impossible, until i researched total chaos. They say that the Gen II and III caddy thing will fit 90-95 pickups and T100s. If thats so can any suspension lift drsigned for the pickup fit on the front of the T100? I read an article here a while back that said a 2nd 4Runner IFS suspension parts can fit on a T100, only draw back would be finding longer axles for the total chaos. Anyone know if they share the same IFS system? If they do it open up doors to all T100 owners.

Vin4Runner 08-13-2012 07:56 PM

pickup and T100 IFS similarities?

After deciding to buy a T100(havent found 1 yet) ive been researching lifts. After finding almost nothing except superlift and trailmaster i looked into total chaos. They say they fit for a 90-95 pickup will fit a T100, only difference is getting longer axles. T100 axles are used for the pickup to make up for lift. If this is true, would almost any pickup IFS lift fit on the T100? Read a while ago that a 2nd gen 4Runner ifs almost identical to a T100. Anyone know about this or have any info or pics comparing the 2 IFS systems? If its true it be a good find, opens up after market support.

Zpd426 08-13-2012 09:11 PM

You might be able to find some lifts like rough country around online some places for like $500-700, I think the procomp lift was discontinued.

To answer your question, No. Not any kit will work. Just A arm replacement LT kits. The A ARMS for the t100/Taco/4runner (for some years 90-95 or so) are identical and torsion bars/shocks are in the same place so the total chaos kit works.
(ALSO check out Blazeland. half the price of TC and I love it on my t100.. coilovers!)

However if you get a bracket lift that drops the diff and the A arms down to raise the truck up you need something designed specifically for the t100.

AS for the axles you are out $600 bucks to get custom made ones. Total chaos has there own for the t100, I got mine from Kartech who i think got them from TC (shops right next door).

I really love my t100 its a perfect mid range vehicle that can wheel tow/haul all in one truck. I have the link to build thread right down there in my signature if you want to check out the blazeland on the t100. or check out the website

http://www.blazeland.us/

wyoming9 08-14-2012 01:03 PM

T100 Toyota`s New Coke!!!

Zpd426 08-14-2012 02:03 PM

You might be able to find some lifts like rough country around online some places for like $500-700, I think the procomp lift was discontinued.

To answer your question, No. Not any kit will work. Just A arm replacement LT kits. The A ARMS for the t100/Taco/4runner (for some years 90-95 or so) are identical and torsion bars/shocks are in the same place so the total chaos kit works.
(ALSO check out Blazeland. half the price of TC and I love it on my t100.. coilovers!)

However if you get a bracket lift that drops the diff and the A arms down to raise the truck up you need something designed specifically for the t100.

AS for the axles you are out $600 bucks to get custom made ones. Total chaos has there own for the t100, I got mine from Kartech who i think got them from TC (shops right next door).

I really love my t100 its a perfect mid range vehicle that can wheel tow/haul all in one truck. I have the link to build thread right down there in my signature if you want to check out the blazeland on the t100. or check out the website

Fink 08-15-2012 08:14 AM

Threads merged.

Fink:devil:

Snowheeler 08-18-2012 10:11 PM

Not to hijack, as it's somewhat related, are the front frame and diff crossmembers on 90-95 pickups and the T100 the same? I'm wondering about getting a real skidplate if so.

westjohns yota 08-19-2012 12:16 AM

t-100 the red headed step child of toyota....

Zpd426 08-20-2012 08:45 PM

No the t100 is wider. as far as I could find no one makes a real skid plate for it.

T10052693 07-29-2014 09:10 AM

Could you tell me a little more about your lift? I saw on the website that it didn't come with a lot of stuff needed to finish the lift and was wondering what kit you got and what extra you needed to complete the lift that didn't come with it. Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by Zpd426 (Post 51959621)

Zpd426 07-29-2014 11:04 AM

You need CV center shafts because the new control arms are longer than stock to get the increased wheel travel. Other than that there is nothing else different for the T100 that you need to use the blazeland kit. Are you 2 or 4wd? If your 2wd you don't need the axles shafts.

T10052693 07-29-2014 11:41 AM

Mines 4wd. I looked at the blaze land kits and it has a lot of parts that it didn't come with I figured were necessary for the lift. And if I got the a arm kit that's just for the front right? I'd get the coil setup for the back?

Zpd426 07-29-2014 12:05 PM

It sounds like you need to do a lot more research. Go inspect the parts under your truck and get acquainted with how everything works. Then look at bracket lifts and Long travel lifts and rear leaf spring kits and rear coilover conversion and 4 links. Identify how each part lifts and changes your truck.

You can't just get coils for the rear of a leaf spring truck. It requires fabrication.

T10052693 07-29-2014 12:09 PM

I don't know much about lifting a truck, I've never done it. I was just trying to find a good lift for my truck besides just a ball joint spacer and was trying to get some help on here. Thanks a lot.

Zpd426 07-29-2014 12:37 PM

That's why I'm saying do more research :) not trying to be a dick or anything. Check out my build thread and some of the others on here, look for blazelander2013. I think there are some install threads on here.

BlazeN8 07-29-2014 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you took a 1986-1995 truck frame and cut it down the midline then made it about 6" wider that would be a starting point. There would also need to be some length modifications. Then make a wider front cross member at the LCAs.

Attachment 131346

The front axle / diff assembly stays the same but longer CV center bar axles. (where IFS LT gets cvs from) The control arms, Torsion bars set up, etc are basically the same between the trucks. Zack has a good point about interchangeability in lift kits, they share a lot of the same lift components but the cross members and diff drop brackets are the main differences.

T10052693 07-30-2014 02:02 AM

Okay guys thanks a lot! I'll definitely check out y'all's builds

philthy 01-31-2018 06:58 AM

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but it sounds like the width of the T100 comes only from the wider frame? The arms themselves aren't any longer than the pickup arms?

Reason I ask is I have an 85 2WD pickup with wheel spacers that I would love to get rid of. My hope was to use early T100 2WD upper and lower arms and have all the magic work out. I don't really want any lift if I can avoid it, so I don't want to just buy a re-runner kit.

Thanks,
Troy