Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Maybe a trucker can help me with a 1982 Toyota Celica 2.0 ST coupe.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe a trucker can help me with a 1982 Toyota Celica 2.0 ST coupe.

Nice chap stopped to give me a jump start but for a second he he crossed the terminals. Put round the right way the car started first turn and drove for about 10 miles but with the yellow no charge light on. Any ideas of the damage done and where is the main fuse that would have blown. I have tried the Toyota forums but no replies. I just thought maybe one of you truckers may have owned one. Could this be just the alternator diodes causing the yellow light because it did start. I hope someone has some old knowledge.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I do believe the fuse is under the hood right hand side under a black lid with a release clip, the fuse listing is on the bottom of the cover. The other place baring that is driver side kick panel. It will be a big 30 or 40amp fuse. There should not be an ECU to smoke out so the most is a popped diode in the alternator itself. You are just going to have to dig around, most mechanics today probably were not born when this car was made so be prepared for some digging. Also go on ebay and see if you can find the FSM for this car, it will help you alot.

Be sure to check back and post your fix so a web search will find you post and help someone else.