Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

'Aussie Bullbar' Winch Mounting Q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question 'Aussie Bullbar' Winch Mounting Q's

Hello Omnipotent Y.T.!

I'm writing in with a 2-Part question.... but First, Pictures, to help you get acclimated.
1)

2)

So, my 94' 22RE 4x4 is now shod with an 'Aussie Bullbar'. It's aluminum, and has a Winch receiver. I've really wanted a winch on this thing for some time, after I'd blown a main-seal on a 91' Isuzu Trooper pulling too much weight for too long....

But, my question is as follows.
1) Who / Where is this bumper from? Clearly, it's Australian, but I mean to say, who do I contact to get a list of Winches that are adaptable to this bumper? Is that even possible? (I'm not worried, if not... but would like an 'easy road' if someone's got a map, ya' know?)

2) I have pictures of the mounts below, and the previous owner of this bumper (It came from Sunnyvale) assured me that he'd had a winch mounted to it, a Mile-Marker if I remember correctly, and it used these mounts.
Do any of you winch-er's know if these mounts are Universal in dimension?

(Looking up from under bumper, the frame has 2 threaded holes where the bumper's 'feet' are.)

(I'm pointing at one of the threaded holes. I assume these are the mounts the Previous Owner used.)

(Provisions for a control-box are slight, but It doesn't worry me. I'm mostly concerned about winch mounting. Figured this picture could help)

Many thanks, Y.T. You've been there for me for years!

Tags:Aussie, Bull Bar, Bullbar, ARB, TJM, Warn, Winch, Superwinch, Mile Marker, 22RE Winch,

Last edited by _RaStA_RoCkEt_; 07-08-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Adding Tags
Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Dang. 47 Views, and no thoughts... I Must.... Think... Harder....
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Received 216 Likes on 158 Posts
I was trying to find you the link to reinforcing the two points you look to be mounting to, I'm sure someone may chime in with the thread link, I have seen plenty of threads on here of people ripping those factory holes out when winching, just a thought might look into it. But that bumper looks pretty cool wonder what the weight on that thing is being aluminum compared to steel.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM

Thanks Discombobulated,

I'm going to look for some of those 'ripped-when-winching' threads now....

Seriously, this thing was a one arm pick up for me, and I'm scrawny. So, I'm sure that it'd be maybe... 80lbs?

Either way, Many thanks again Disco.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 216 Likes on 158 Posts
So here is the product I was thinking of http://www.addictedoffroad.com/index...products_id=73

But I know people have fabbed with some welding skills and time but this might be your best route this gives you an idea of what needs to be done.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:20 PM

((2-year later Resurrection/Side-Note))

This post is the 1st(!!!) result on google if you search '22RE Winch'! Thanks so much for the veneration, and especially to Discombobulated for the advice on proper winch mounting on these series-2's!

Also of note: I still don't have a winch in this thing... haha, but I've moved twice, and started a career. A '22RE self-extraction tool' will be coming soon!

Big Ups, Y/T. Thanks for being there for years!