YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   3" REVTEK Ordered for the '04 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/3-revtek-ordered-04-a-31119/)

SD4Runner 04-21-2004 09:55 AM

3" REVTEK Ordered for the '04

Yes, I am #1,232,323 to jump on the "let's lift our 4th gen's" bandwagon.

My buddy also ordered his. Both should be here Friday. WE will most likely do the lift this Saturday or Sunday (or both if we really suck).

WE live in San Diego , so it's a Socal Lift Party - isn't someone else doing theirs as well this weekend? Board will be busy :)

Game on! :banger:

bulldog-yota 04-21-2004 10:35 AM

Seems like a lot of lifts this weekend.

Timber725 in LA will be doing a Revtek this weekend, and I will be doing a Daystar this weekend. I'm North Cal.

So three lifts in Cali this weekend.

timber725 04-21-2004 10:53 AM

Yep,

I'm doing my lift with Revtek kit this Saturday. If all goes well, we should be done on Saturday, and I can go shoe shopping on Sunday.

Like others, I will also try to take as many photos as possible. I found our predecessors to be very helpful on this board, and would like to contribute my experience for others as well.

Have fun guys...

SD4Runner 04-21-2004 11:11 AM

Yup, we will be taking pictures as well - maybe some short video also. This site and others really help ----

Lance, 4route, etc all gave me the confidence to try this.

WE are doing two (2) Revtek lifts, one XREAS, the other regular. So a total of FOUR(4) Lifts in Cali this weekend alone? I may not get my kit until Monday worst case, so we may just do the non XREAS one (mine) first.

NIce! :banger:

timber725 04-21-2004 11:14 AM

Out of curiosity,

What tires/wheels are you guys going to go with post-lift?

I'm leaning towards the 285/75R16 Goodyear MTR on American Racing Victor Teflon 16x8.

bulldog-yota 04-21-2004 11:26 AM

I'm going to keep the stock Limited wheels and put on Revo's 265/70/17. Not a big change, want to maintain ride as close as possible to stock.

SO when I'm done you will have to look carefully to see the change. I just wanted more trail capability. I found the stock 9" ground clearance is OK, but limiting sometimes. I dont do hardcore trails (still not experienced enough), but dont like scraping the bottom sometimes.

CTB 04-21-2004 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by timber725
American Racing Victor Teflon 16x8.

Sweet, glad to see someone is thinking about trying these out. They look way cool I think, but I already bought my Tech1's, pluse I don't need/want a 16" rim. Keep us posted!!!

dcampen 04-21-2004 11:55 AM

I'm going to keep the stock Limited wheels and put on Revo's 265/70/17.
This will add about 1" to the wheel diameter, about 0.5" of ground clearance. When I can afford it I would like to upgrade from 265/70-16 to 265/75-16 Revo's for the same increase in ground clearance. Couldn't you do this without a lift, does the lift give any bebefit other than being able to fit larger wheels?

doanlaw 04-21-2004 12:16 PM

Out of curiosity,

What tires/wheels are you guys going to go with post-lift?

I'm leaning towards the 285/75R16 Goodyear MTR on American Racing Victor Teflon 16x8.

265/70/17 Revo's already on. Wish i waited though now that we're havin a lift party...

bulldog-yota 04-21-2004 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by dcampen
This will add about 1" to the wheel diameter, about 0.5" of ground clearance. When I can afford it I would like to upgrade from 265/70-16 to 265/75-16 Revo's for the same increase in ground clearance. Couldn't you do this without a lift, does the lift give any bebefit other than being able to fit larger wheels?

I could have done the tires without the lift, but I wanted the 2 -2.5" extra ground clearance from the lift as well.

SD4Runner 04-21-2004 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by doanlaw
265/70/17 Revo's already on. Wish i waited though now that we're havin a lift party...

yeah, Ready to sell your tires yet? hehe. We could just do the swap wheil your up on jack stands .. hahaa.

SD4Runner 04-21-2004 12:40 PM

[ Couldn't you do this without a lift, does the lift give any bebefit other than being able to fit larger wheels?[/QUOTE]

It just LOOKS Cooler. hehe.

doanlaw 04-21-2004 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by SD4Runner
yeah, Ready to sell your tires yet? hehe. We could just do the swap wheil your up on jack stands .. hahaa.

Show me some cool replacement rims and I'm game. 285/75's???

RalleRunner 04-21-2004 12:48 PM

For a stock 4th gen Sport, would 265/70/17 front and 275/70/17 rear rub in the back (given i don't rotate my tires)? I prefer the back treads to be slightly wider than the fronts, can I run with offsetting tire width w/o any handling problems?

doanlaw#2 04-21-2004 12:59 PM

Hey

You should buy me the Camburg Equal-length I-beams for my Ford Ranger along with some Fox 2.0 Coilovers and I'll come to the lift-party and bring the goodies! Oh, a new 5.0 would be nice too :rockin:

Biff 04-21-2004 01:03 PM

Very cool, SD4runner wish I could make your lift I'm Goodtimes, and I are destroying, I mean helping Timber out with his. . Be very careful when you do the XREAS lift, I busted a speed sensor without even knowing when I did my lift. Fortunately the stealer is taking care of it.

timber725 04-21-2004 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
I could have done the tires without the lift, but I wanted the 2 -2.5" extra ground clearance from the lift as well.

Forgive, me if I am wrong, but a suspension lift won't give you extra ground clearance, because the rear diffs still sits at the same height. The front does move up with the lift because of the IFS. But ground clearance is measured at your lowest point, which happens to be the rear diff.

To gain ground clearance at the rear diff, you would need to get larger tires. 33" tires from stock (30.5") gives you roughly 1.25" of ground clearance. If you stick with stock tires, you're gain is 0" in the rear.

However, if you are referring to the increase in approach, breakover, and departure angle then that is true you do get an increase.

doanlaw 04-21-2004 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by doanlaw#2
You should buy me the Camburg Equal-length I-beams for my Ford Ranger along with some Fox 2.0 Coilovers and I'll come to the lift-party and bring the goodies! Oh, a new 5.0 would be nice too :rockin:

www.rangerstation.com, now beat it bips!:saw:

bulldog-yota 04-21-2004 01:21 PM

Forgive, me if I am wrong, but a suspension lift won't give you extra ground clearance, because the rear diffs still sits at the same height. The front does move up with the lift because of the IFS. But ground clearance is measured at your lowest point, which happens to be the rear diff.

To gain ground clearance at the rear diff, you would need to get larger tires. 33" tires from stock (30.5") gives you roughly 1.25" of ground clearance. If you stick with stock tires, you're gain is 0" in the rear.

However, if you are referring to the increase in approach, breakover, and departure angle then that is true you do get an increase.

The lowest point I have on the 4th Gen stock is the support bars by the tranny and transfer case. I actualy measured them and they seem to be 8.5". That is where I want more clearance. The rear diff point is true that you make, but that is not where I have problems on trails.

doanlaw 04-21-2004 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Biff
Very cool, SD4runner wish I could make your lift I'm Goodtimes, and I are destroying, I mean helping Timber out with his. . Be very careful when you do the XREAS lift, I busted a speed sensor without even knowing when I did my lift. Fortunately the stealer is taking care of it.

Biff,

OT but you taken your ride to the track yet? I might start huntin for the trd blower if your hittin sub 15 1/4 miles, it looks like they might not be coming back anytime soon.