Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Would I trade the Flamedtruck for an FJC

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would I trade the Flamedtruck for an FJC

Just for the heck of it, I thought I'd put this out and see what you guys have to say.

Someone seriously wants the Flamed truck.
He will buy me a new FJ Cruiser in exchange (or Jeep, or an H3...) It's no joke.

This is a tough call, even though it shouldn't be...
On the one hand, would anyone give me $26k-ish for the Flamed '90? I hardly think so.
On the other, it's a kick to own, I will never park next to another one... and even other flame jobs pale next to mine. EVeryone, from teenagers to blue-haired old ladies come over and chat about that truck.
On the other hand, the '90 does have 219k on it...
On the other hand, a new FJ would be real nice. New, smooth, powerful - no more 3.slow!
But then, after the novelty wears off, the FJC would be just another FJC - they will be on every corner in a year or 2.
Maybe I should make him sweeten the pot and give me enough money to repaint the FJC and accessorize it. (We'll see how bad he want's my 90!)

Go ahead, roast me. I'd be curious to hear what ya'll think.

Last edited by Flamedx4; 01-19-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No question. The FJ is a seriously good offering from Toyota probably a more capable truck then they have sold in over 20 years. Just be sure to get the 4x4 w/locker.

Course I would never drive a truck covered with bling either. . .
Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

will they really be that common? i thought they're only producing a limited number...
Old 01-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

Trade it and flame the FJC.

Or trade it, sell the FJC, and buy a new project. Then pocket the cash or build a trail rig.

You know what you should do. That 3.0 will only last so long before you have to spend $3K for a new one.

If this is serious, I'd do it in a heartbeat. There will be more trucks to put flames on. I doubt you would ever get an offer this good in the future.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:17 PM

why would he buy you a new FJC in exchange? why not just buy your rig?

If you really love your rig as much as it seems, letting it go would probably break your heart. I know selling my rig would break mine.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

It is definately a hard decision, I'd be hard pressed to let go of such a truck, but on the other hand, sometimes you just have to move on.

If someone is willing to buy you a brand new truck for yours, I would probably have someone do a photoshoot of the truck and then have big poster pictures about the truck, seriously. It's a very beautiful truck! Then you'll have an oppertinity to mod up your new one to get you even more attention!

I don't know how the FJC would look flamed though, could look good depending on how the job is done. But I bet there will be a lot of hot things for it.

Keep us updated man, FJC's won't be THAT common, but you can never be sure. Why does the person want the flamed truck so much?

If you get your FJC do you plan to flame/mod it?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by INsr5runner
why would he buy you a new FJC in exchange? why not just buy your rig?

If you really love your rig as much as it seems, letting it go would probably break your heart. I know selling my rig would break mine.
Ditto on the 2nd part. This had to be dittoed, so true, for me as well.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No....
Old 01-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, I can't believe you wouldn't jump all over this. I know the paint job on your truck was super expensive and was done prior to you owning it, but a new FJ. You'd get way more life out of a new truck over your current one.

Good luck b/c if he's willing to pay over $25k for your truck, I would do it before he changed his mind.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

would you wheel the FJ? or would the 'too new' factor come in to play...or 'too brand spankin' new'
Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone can own an FJC...but how many folks have a flamed truck.

I say you are a fool to even consider getting rid of it.

Keep being a leader w/ ingenuity, not another regular blah.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:12 PM

Maybe he just thinks you're cute and it's not really your truck he wants.

I agree with Wabbit, though. Don't sell that good looking truck. You'll hate yourself in the end.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:22 PM

Sell it , make your money while you can. You could buy 3 nice trucks for that kinda money. Yes , your truck is cool, but part of the fun is building it up.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Depends, do you wanna wheel it hard. I doubt you will risk bashing up the flamed truck, or for that matter a new FJ with no aftermarket backing (yet). So you have a cruising truck, the flamed one is unique (not just new) so it wins in my mind.

Lamm
Old 01-19-2006, 08:33 PM

If somebody was wanting to give me an FJ for any reason, I'd play for the big pot and shoot for one of these
http://www.tlcicon.com/
I'm guessing they come in a bit more pricey than what he is offering though, but what the heck. You can't fish if you don't put the hook in the water.
Personally, I like to see wild paint jobs and like to watch various car/motorcycle building shows just to see what sort of thing they come up with next using lace stockings, cheesecloth, hours and hours of time and incredible talent. But, then I like to get in my old ugly truck and go play with no real worries. A year or so ago, somebody keyed my truck and I'm still trying to get really ticked about it. It p!sses me off that somebody thinks they have the right to do something like that, but then again, it's just a truck and it kind of cancels it out a bit. I can't imagine what it would be like if your beauty got assaulted by some crackhead.
Or, get him to buy you this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...QQcmdZViewItem and cash. Could be a really sweet ride. That black base just cries for some killer flames and skulls!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Question

Just an aside, but how many hands does Flamedx4 have, anyway?!?!?!?!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Contributing Member

Don't do it...no no no...
That truck is one of a kind.
[Besides, you would have to change you user name. You know what a P.I.T.A. that is around here....(JK)...]
Dude, you will regret it.
No law says you can't get a FJ too! (Best of both worlds)
Old 01-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
[Besides, you would have to change you user name. You know what a P.I.T.A. that is around here....(JK)...]
Old 01-20-2006, 07:38 AM

do it, no second thoughts. i'll flame mine and give it to him, mine only has 50K on it.
i'd give my right (you know what) for that FJ.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:19 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Interesting. Both of sides of the debate well represented. You see the problem.
The guy has been drooling over the 90 since I got it. He recently came into some money and he made the FJ offer knowing I've been thinking about buying one. He has a buncha trucks including Yotas now, it's just the paint job (and overall mod job I've done with it) he wants.

No, I wouldn't flame the FJ. I would however, modify it. Thoroughly.
Yes, I would wheel the FJ. When I bought my new '85Runner it was in the mud before it was a week old and had (very minor) trail damage in the first month. Back then everyone thought I was nuts too, but That's What They're For. I wheel the '90, hard as it is for folks to believe.

I guess in my mind I'm weighing the expensive mechanical repairs coming up soon on the 90 (plus some major suspension surgery to make it more wheelable) compared to a few mods to the FJ and just go! against the cool factor of keeping the old Flamer. Tough call.

One more thing - I know for a fact that this guy won't take care of the truck, it will fall into disrepair and become part of his collection of vehicles that 'almost' run... I really hate that thought. Silly I know, but most of you I think will understand.

Quick Reply: Would I trade the Flamedtruck for an FJC