YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   Will not start after head gasket change (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/will-not-start-after-head-gasket-change-112448/)

merace19 04-06-2007 03:40 PM

Will not start after head gasket change

I Have a 93 4runner with the 3.0 engine. I did the head gasket change and got it all buttoned up and it will not start now. If i spray starting fluid in the intake it will fire up. So i know i got spark. I checked the timing with a light and it is 10 deg btc. Its like the fuel or the injectors are not doing what they are suppost to. Any thing I could have left off or unplugged? I am not sure if I have oil pressure and dont know if this engine needs to see it before allowing the injectors to fire. I have not hooked up the exhaust pipe with the O2 sensor on it. Nor have put a belt on the alt. I wanted to make sure it cranked and ran before buttoning it up all the way.

stumprunner 04-06-2007 04:11 PM

How can u check timing with light if it does not start ?

merace19 04-06-2007 05:05 PM

I can be done same as normal. I know its not at the correct rpm but its close enough.

thegreydog 04-06-2007 08:59 PM

You may want to hook everything up and make sure you are getting a spark.. A wire connecting my distributor up was disconnected. Verify spark and then go from there.

80W90 04-06-2007 10:30 PM

its just one of those thing where you gotta check and recheck.
electrical connections. like injectors, AFM, ignitor, distributor and coil wires. and of course you could have left a vacuum hose off, and there is a giant leak. and you could have connected the injectors up wrong.

I was searching in all data for a diagram of all the sensors a nd conections for you, but dosent look like one is availible, like there is for the 22RE

killa b 04-06-2007 10:40 PM

connect the 02 sonsors they may need a reading in order for it to start

80W90 04-06-2007 10:41 PM

If the O2 isint connected, then there will be a code thrown and the ECU will revert to open loop mode. it will still run.

BC_4runner 04-06-2007 10:46 PM

lol if its the same problem I had then you have a bad ground:hillbill:

merace19 04-07-2007 04:25 AM

I know it has spark cause it will run if i spray starting fluid in the intake. Does it need to see oil pressure before telling the injectors to fire?

There really is no way to install the injector clips wrong. as its in a harness and one side has just 3 connectos for the injectors and one sensor in the back. The driver side has the other 3 and a cable going over to the air filter.

I was going to pull the codes but unsure if they would be right as its has not run for more than a few seconds.

The ground was a problem at 1st i thought. The one that goes on the block near the A/C compressor was left out. But i put it in and still not fire. I have charged the battery all night. It was a little weak when I started this so maybe that was it.

merace19 04-07-2007 05:34 AM

I went and checked the fuel pressure at the rail and there is none. The signal to keep the pump on is not getting to where it needs to. It will come on when the key is 1st turned and will run the 4runner for 1-2 seconds then it will die.

merace19 04-07-2007 07:10 AM

Pulled the 15amp EFI fuse and waited 1 minute and put the exhaust on and hooked up the O2 sensor and it cranked and ran great.

9four4runner 05-11-2010 08:59 PM

i also just rebuilt my 3.0 and now she wont start ive check over and over my timing marks and restabed my dist. and still nothign but ill try the extra ground tomorow

milehigheric 05-12-2010 03:10 AM

Circuit opening relay circuit...do I have to explain it again on this site?

Short answer, either your VAFM or COR is faulty.