Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Who has the best STASH SPOT in their Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
ET

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know its an old thread but hey, some of these ideas are handy.

if you take apart your dash you can find TONS of places to put stuff. i hide emergency gas money (usually 20 dollar bills but other stuff could go in them). on my 2nd gen you can pull the small trim piece that surrounds the ignition on the dash and there are 3 clips and a rolled up 20 fits nicely right under the bottom one. you can also fold up a 20 and pull out the ashtray then push down on the top and place it there. same with the ashtray in the back. push down on the tab and pull it out and put the 20 behind it then put it back in. im sure there are some spaces around the sunroof button too.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont kow if this has been said yet but theres a good spot on 2nd gen runners with power windows and mirrors. where the switch panel is for all that stuff you pop it out, put the ''stuff'' in there put it back on and nobody would notice it unless they were lookin for it.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by grovedogg
yah noticed many of us are from NorCal....
I got one... where the rear wiper assembly in a first gen Runner, inside next to the tailgate, room for a good bag
I've been repainting the interior on my 1st gen for the past couple days. A person could fit a whole lot of something in the panel that covers the rear wiper MOTOR at the backend of the hard-top.

I'm going to just take the motor out (who needs a rear wiper?) and use it for storage. Not much of a smoker myself, but I could fit a handgun in there or some emergency food rations/cash/first aid/etc.

And who would ever look in there?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:17 PM

the top of your oil cap on top of your head cover best spot
Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by SwampThing
Who said anything about drugs? Ever tried explaining that thong that turns up when your girlfriend is cleaning out the truck, which just happens not to be hers? You NEED a good stash spot you can dump something into in a hurry.
this is great!! Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha made my day! But yeah I read the entire thread and saw a ton of people in norcal hahahaha
Someone already said it but on second gen runners the Jack area is probably one of the best areas for those thongs. Or tape whatever to the back of your taillight. It's only held on with 2 bolts.... My favorite is in my sub box. Hide it right inside the port so it's hidden, just gotta be careful not to play music too loud lol
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM

pop off the kick panel and throw your .... in that suckker
Old 04-14-2010, 04:01 PM

On my 1986 4Runner I can stash some stuff under the read seat delete panel.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear window wash bag.. 1st gen 4runner. And behind my guage pod in the subi...
Old 04-14-2010, 04:57 PM

Multiple pages of absolute humor!!!
Good stuff!

I dont need a stash spot.
I like to have a little fun with officers,especially when Im bored,like on this trip.
I drove from San Fran to Phoenix once and got stopped somewhere around Quartzite in the middle of the night.
I guess I looked suspicious because I hadnt broken any laws but it was really late at night and the vehicle I was driving looked like a POS.

I got pulled over,detained,questioned,and threatened by a rookie officer who didnt know I have a degree in criminal justice.

I KNOW my rights.

I wasnt in any hurry,had all the time in the world but when the officer said he smelled something (he was "fishing" (which is ILLEGAL),it was too windy to smell anything!) my smart mouth dug me in deeper.I told him it was his bad breath blowing back in his face.I was just having a little fun.
Calling him Officer Opie probably didnt help either but it was funny because he looked just like him right down to the high pitched voice and his funny hat!

He wanted to search my vehicle and threatened to call out the dogs if I didnt consent.
I didnt consent and proceeded to spend the next three hours waiting on a k9 unit to show up with the other 4 cars that were allready behind me.

A total of 15 minutes was spent as the pooch sniffed the vehicle,nothing was found because there was nothing to find.

I had fun tying up 6 pissed off officers,and a dog for over 4 hours over nothing at 2am on a windy stormy night in the desert.

Maybe my comment of "staying in the doughnut shop" was what pissed them off??
I wonder if any of them learned anything that night?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by AzStorm
...Calling him Officer Opie probably didnt help either but it was funny because he looked just like him right down to the high pitched voice and his funny hat!...
Opie is Andy son, you should of called him deputy Fife... but still hilarious. I love pissin' off the cops when they try to make you feel like a criminal for no reason. Good job
Old 04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
hide the thread, the police are watching us!!!

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/i...-21r-u-209579/

Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol yeah I thought that earlier when I was on that thread
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM

The only thing "stashed" in my truck is a pack of smokes in case I run out while up at the farm; the nearest convenience store is not really that close. Not really a stash so much as "emergency smokes when I forget to buy enough to last the weekend."

That said, here in Ontario law enforcement has the option of not just impounding, but seizing your vehicle (as in they take it, and you don't ever get it back, they even do this with houses (well they can't impound a house)) if they find anything illegal during a search. Usually this is meant to target traffickers (or producers/distributors when it comes to houses) but personally, I'd never chance it. I'd rather go sober than lose my truck.

I'm surprised to see a thread like this here, this isn't TCC on SomethingAwful, where people are dumb enough to discuss where they hide their "stuff" in threads perused by many members of various law enforcement bodies, and people wonder why the police know where they hide their stuff.

Of course it IS handy to keep a few 20s hidden in various places for emergencies too, my pop does that with his car, though he usually forgets where he hides the money.

Last edited by Magnusian; 04-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AzStorm
I had fun tying up 6 pissed off officers,and a dog for over 4 hours over nothing at 2am on a windy stormy night in the desert.

Maybe my comment of "staying in the doughnut shop" was what pissed them off??
I wonder if any of them learned anything that night?
theyre probablly more pissed at the cop that called them out.

BTW . job !!!

i enjoyed the breath comment.
a similiar one 'detained' me for an extra couple hours myself. so now i consider Salome much closer to hell than phoenix.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by drewc87
+1 i got a sig p239 9mm with hollows too, screw the brass knuckles.
You guys should upgrade from that little p-shooter to something Like my .45 ACP
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
while everything you said is true and there are certain parts i agree with about my own rights...i dont have a problem being courteous to a police officer and not getting all "smart" with him. if i start pulling out the "you do not have a right to search my vehicle" then suddenly hes more suspicious of me and has less reason to be nice with me. he could go as far as to detain me in cuffs. while that certainly wouldnt be legal, that will still waste MORE of my "precious time" to sort that out and prove that he can't do that than if i had just let him search to begin with.

i guess i have more respect for police officers than some people do (i'm not naming anyone at all) and i can spare a few minutes to keep a good relationship with them than to start getting snippy and quoting a lawbook to them, changing the whole situation into a more hostile one
You dont have to be snippy, just exercise your rights in a polite respectful way. But even if you do that everything falls into the category of disorderly conduct. Its a lose, lose situation...
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM

the best place to hide stuff is in plain sight ball it up in a napkin and toss on the floor. or ever heard of the dirty underwear safe? http://cdn.edu-search.com/uploads/UnderwearSafe.jpg
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 AM

^ epic
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 AM

Man, I love YotaTech...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyEye
You guys should upgrade from that little p-shooter to something Like my .45 ACP
+1!
The only round to carry!