YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   What calipers does my stock 92 Pickup have? 17s or F18Q? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/what-calipers-does-my-stock-92-pickup-have-17s-f18q-298322/)

dlister70 12-29-2016 01:56 PM

What calipers does my stock 92 Pickup have? 17s or F18Q?

I am replacing the rotors, and there are 3 options when I plug in my truck information. Can anyone help me out with which one I need to buy?

It's a 1992 RWD Toyota Pickup, base model, no modifications that I'm aware of with the 22RE engine. My GoogleFu is failing me, and I can't figure out which caliper is the OEM, as I'm sure the originals are still on the truck.

Option 1: "Disc Brake Rotor -- Calipers Cast 17s; 248mm Front Rotors; Vented"

Option 2: "Disc Brake Rotor -- Calipers cast F18Q; 254mm Front Rotors; Vented"

Option 3: "Disc Brake Rotor -- DRW; Vented" (this one doesn't mention calipers at all)

dlister70 12-29-2016 02:13 PM

Oops. I missed a 4th option!

Option 4: "Disc Brake Rotor -- SRW; Vented" (also no mention of calipers on this one)

millball 12-29-2016 02:24 PM

Why don't ya take off a wheel and look at the rotor and caliper.

As your interfo says, the caliper will have a casting number on it.

And the rotors are different diameters.

Then you'll know for sure what you've got.

Better than any guess someone can make on the internet.

dlister70 12-29-2016 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by millball (Post 52346565)
Why don't ya take off a wheel and look at the rotor and caliper.

As your interfo says, the caliper will have a casting number on it.

And the rotors are different diameters.

Then you'll know for sure what you've got.

Better than any guess someone can make on the internet.

That would certainly be the most sure fire way!

Unfortunately, my friend has the truck right now and it's out of town. I'm online ordering the parts to do the brake job when he returns the truck. I think (based on what results I could find in google) the 17s is what comes stock, but I'm not sure.

I was hoping someone else with a base model truck who had done a brake job recently might be able to shed some light.

millball 12-29-2016 02:34 PM

It might be possible that a Toyota dealer could tell you, if you have the vehicles vin available to you.

Co_94_PU 12-29-2016 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by dlister70 (Post 52346560)
Oops. I missed a 4th option!

Option 4: "Disc Brake Rotor -- SRW; Vented" (also no mention of calipers on this one)

Drw is the dual rear wheel, Srw single, the 17s is the short bed, f18 the long bed. They are stamped on the brake caliper and it's worth double checking they match what you expect is there from the chassis code.

dlister70 12-29-2016 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Co_94_PU (Post 52346569)
Drw is the dual rear wheel, Srw single, the 17s is the short bed, f18 the long bed. They are stamped on the brake caliper and it's worth double checking they match what you expect is there from the chassis code.

This is a short bed single rear wheel, so it sounds like as expected, it should be a 17s.

Thank you for the information!

wyoming9 12-30-2016 12:20 AM

Unless you owned the truck from New !!

There is no way to tell just might be on what truck at what time

The only sure way is to look

I have learned that lesson the hard way 2 different calipers on the same truck .

I would guess one failed it was the only option to get the truck fixed it was installed kinda and never fixed correctly