Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

wanted interior pics(seat covers)

Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanted interior pics(seat covers)

I wanna do my seats in marine grade material so it can withsatnd rain if my top is off. Pulled the seats and it just may take longer to do this than I expected. What kinda seat covers have you guys found and used that would save me some time.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

If all you want is a quick and dirty seat cover that can withstand some wetness I've heard good things about the WetOakle neoprene seatcovers. They are made out of wetsuit material and come in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by aviator
If all you want is a quick and dirty seat cover that can withstand some wetness I've heard good things about the WetOakle neoprene seatcovers. They are made out of wetsuit material and come in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
X2, AND THEY ARE EASY TO CLEAN. and alloootttt of colors.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea Wet Okoles cost like 5 million dollars too.....

I would just pick up some cheapie seat covers like these from VatoZone and spray them with some 3M waterproofer

Old 07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah cost is the down side with the oakles, but as with anything you get what you pay for...
If you want to do a complete recover then I would consider talking to some of the local boatyards/marinas they should be able to point you in the direction of some local upholstery shops that work with Sunbrella and other marine canvas/fabric suppliers who could recover your seats for you.
You want to use a marine rated fabric because it will be specially treated to prevent sun fading and mould build up both things you need to worry about in an open top vehicle.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM

Yeah looked at those covers , big money fo sho. I bought the fabric and pulled the seats, but its gonna take a little more work than I expected. I can fix anything on a car but I am no paint or upolster. I do have the tools to replace with factory equipment( hog rings and pliers) but I cannot sew. I was hoping there was another alternative to the seat covers.

My biggest thing with the covers was the split rear which I figured the okoles covers would come designed for them. anymore ideas. I will probably end up going with the upolstery shop but trying to steer clear cause they are also pricey.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:08 PM

i did see fake oakley's on ebay for about 49 bucks, i guess that would be cool...
Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can make them your self very easy just get a t-shirt old one and cut and trace the front and the back out of the seat and trace that to the fabric you have just about an inch or two bigger then sew the to together then slide it on in there and install
Old 07-17-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...r-seat-covers/

google my friend google!!!!