86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vacuum lines/connections after K&N Air cleaner assembly install

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Vacuum lines/connections after K&N Air cleaner assembly install

I am replacing the stock air cleaner assembly on an 86 22r (Aisin carburetor) with a K&N Custom Air Cleaner assembly. I have a question on what to do with the vacuum lines / connections that are no longer needed such as lines that would go to the MC valve / Thermo Valve and HAI Diaphragm - which would no longer be in play. Also curious as to what to do with the Resonator that connects to the ASV as the Resonator is connected to the stock air cleaner assembly, but with the K&N custom air cleaner assembly, there is no where (that I can see) to connect the hose from the resonator. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my motor right now and will be doing the same thing. I ordered the adapter plate from LC Engineering to accept an Edelbrock 14" air cleaner. I haven't figured out the resonator part yet, but I think I'm going to re-route the MC valve over to the fender well to keep it in play. I never did have the little "stove pipe" connected from the exhaust heat sheild to below the HAI diaphragm so I'm just going to not worry about that. Still need to do a little more research but that's about where I'm at, if it helps any. Be interested to see what you come up with too.