Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

truck on side/oileverywhere, what do i need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck on side/oileverywhere, what do i need to do?

so i flipped my yota, oil leaked everwhere but refilled with oil and truck ran normal. it happened in the mountains so i had to drive it home about 100miles or so and it seemed fine.

i changed the oil and air filter and found oil to be in the air box and intake tube all the way the throttle body.

so where do i even begin to look for problems? what do i need to clean/replace? if maf sensor was covered with the oil can i clean or must it be replaced? should i seafoam? would it help?

!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
should be fine. just do an engine flush with stuff from a parts store, steam clean the engine compartment, let the alternator and stuff dry, then start it and see if its leakin at all. engines arent normally damaged by a roll, its just the body that takes a beating....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 PM

should be fine then cuz ive been driven it still ever since cuz my yota is a trooper cheers for toyota!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
If she runs and drives fine, nothing to worry about. You may want to remove the intake hose and the air cleaner assy, just to clean them out and remove all the oil. Other wise your truck may smoke a tiny bit for a while as it sucks all the rest of that oil in. It will not hurt your engine, just make your truck stink lol.

Biggest thing to worry about in a rollover is hydrolock, and sounds like you avoided that. In the future, if you roll it, pull the plugs before you attempt to start it or you can do serious damage to the internals.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM

if it sucks in a little oil, ive heard it will actually lubricate the internals. in a SUPER small amount.. im not talking about pouring a quart of 10w30 in the gas tank or the carb, but maybe a teaspoon in 13 or 14 gallons. after i rolled mine totally over, and the oil and stuff leaked out, the engine ran better than it ever did. what i have been doing is every 10 fill ups i put half a gallon of 2 cycle dirtbike gasoline in the tank... smokes a little bit when it hits the 2 cycle, but after it stops smoking you notice a change in RPMS, HP, Temp, Tq.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM

oh, the tiny bit of oil in the tank will actually help prevent rust inside the tank, thus saving the engine from sucking in rust and getting messed up
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

Did you pull the sparkplugs. I am guessing you don't need to but might be worth your while to replace them or at least make sure they are not having oil issies (or one of them isn't and you are misfiring on one cylinder)
Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM

i pulled 3 of them to have a look and they look to be ok. i plan on replacing soo anyways as my truck needs a tune up
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
89s don't have a MAF sensor so there is no problem with that. I would just take the intake off and clean it out. Any oil inside the engine would just drain back down into the crankcase. I can't see any reason to use Seafoam.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ks_yota
should be fine then cuz ive been driven it still ever since cuz my yota is a trooper cheers for toyota!
Damn that's impressive!!!

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
if it sucks in a little oil, ive heard it will actually lubricate the internals. in a SUPER small amount.. im not talking about pouring a quart of 10w30 in the gas tank or the carb, but maybe a teaspoon in 13 or 14 gallons. after i rolled mine totally over, and the oil and stuff leaked out, the engine ran better than it ever did. what i have been doing is every 10 fill ups i put half a gallon of 2 cycle dirtbike gasoline in the tank... smokes a little bit when it hits the 2 cycle, but after it stops smoking you notice a change in RPMS, HP, Temp, Tq.
Are you serious??? Half a gallon of 2cycle dirtbike gas? in how many gallons of regular gas? Or is it better to do the teaspoon of 10w30? My truck's idle is a lil off.
*un-hijack*