YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   Truck died at Buffalo Wild wings! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/truck-died-buffalo-wild-wings-139446/)

Firebb15 03-08-2008 06:02 AM

Truck died at Buffalo Wild wings!

So i come out of BWW and find my truck won't start as im rolling out of the take out only parking spot. It did this last week for a few minutes at work, i thought i had water in my gas. Well it didnt restart this time, so with a few shots of starting fluid and some pushing i got it to the back of the parking lot in under 20 degree weather. So do 1994 yotas have fuel pump cut off switches? Our 94 explorer popped it's switch while sitting at a red light, thought i blew the fuel pump on that one. I accept the fact that the pump finally died being 14 yrs old and a lil over 206K. I'll check the fuse when i bring my dolly today. Is there a relay I can check also? Thanks for the help, Brian

MMA_Alex 03-08-2008 07:32 AM

I dont think they have intertia switches. Truck just needs more hotsauce...

bigt 03-08-2008 07:41 AM

how are the wings there i seen the commercial and i was gonna go over to the states to buffalo just to check them out....

881stGenRunner 03-08-2008 08:08 AM

pull the engine codes by jumping the TE1 and E1 (i think) terminals under the hood and turning your key to the on position. count the number of flashes and see what you code is.

Im going say you have a bad ignitor because my did the same dang thing on me. turned out to be a bad ignitor. It would just crank and crank and crank, but no spark.

This code is 14 if you pull the codes.

thook 03-08-2008 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Firebb15 (Post 50772863)
So i come out of BWW and find my truck won't start as im rolling out of the take out only parking spot. It did this last week for a few minutes at work, i thought i had water in my gas. Well it didnt restart this time, so with a few shots of starting fluid and some pushing i got it to the back of the parking lot in under 20 degree weather. So do 1994 yotas have fuel pump cut off switches? Our 94 explorer popped it's switch while sitting at a red light, thought i blew the fuel pump on that one. I accept the fact that the pump finally died being 14 yrs old and a lil over 206K. I'll check the fuse when i bring my dolly today. Is there a relay I can check also? Thanks for the help, Brian

There is a fuel pump relay switch (aka "circuit opening relay") behind the pass. side kickpanel and speaker. You have to pull the glove box and speaker to get to it.....I believe.

MMA_Alex 03-08-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by bigt (Post 50772913)
how are the wings there i seen the commercial and i was gonna go over to the states to buffalo just to check them out....

If you're jumping across to buffalo go to the anchor bar, where they were invented.

BWW is a chain founded in the midwest

bigt 03-08-2008 10:23 AM

ive been to the anchor... the williow, clanceys, gagster ,good fellas.the cove and a bunch of others but i loves me some suicide wings!

Firebb15 03-08-2008 04:26 PM

Yes BBW are fantastic...and i HAVE spark, it will fire on starter fluid. Im going to look into the relay or a fuse...if everything is fine, im buying a rolled sr5 pickup tomorrow so looks like im swappin fuel pumps too. Thanks

MMA_Alex 03-08-2008 04:28 PM

if you have spark, and it'll run on ether its a fuel issue. crank it over some, and pull a plug and see if its wet.

that way you can see if you have any fuel going into the cyls

BRreddog 03-08-2008 04:41 PM

Check the rubber accordian from the AFM to the TB. If it's cracked theres no fuel flow. A duct tape fix will get you home.

BWW is good !!