Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Sound Deadning, 1995 4Runner pics

Old 06-02-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound Deadning, 1995 4Runner pics

Here are a bunch of pics of the sound deadning I have done on my 4Runner. It is mostly for car audio purposes but my most recent project (passenger area floor) gave my runner a nice vibrationless, quieter feel which makes it more of a pleasure to drive...

I did the cargo area one day, the doors another day (setup to run speakers properly in IB more than keeping sound out), and the passenger area just the other day, here they are posted in some sort of order... ohh and the sound deadner is liquid spectrum from www.secondskinaudio.com and the grey stuff is carpet jute I got for free from my uncle

Doors....

Old 06-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Passenger....

Old 06-02-2006, 08:18 AM

cargo area.....

some wiring

Ooops, ran over the bucket of sound deadning

Old 06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

looks good I need to do something like that especially wire orginization.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:21 AM

I'm not sure if any finds it useful or interesting but the sound deadning gives the runner a whole different feel. What made the most difference for me was the jute under my feet isolating them from chassis vibration. It just FEELS quieter now...

I need to tackle the rear QP someday, it doesn't appear they have ANY deadning on them....

also I'm doing a whole new baffle this weekend to fit 7" components in the front door, which might be of interest to some since stock they hold nothing.... LMK if anyone is interested in pictures
Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Red3.slow
looks good I need to do something like that especially wire orginization.
hehe... I pulled everything out and when I layed the carpet back in the wires got organized.... those pics were at the end of a long day getting dark hence the reason there is only one seat and no capreting...
Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job! I, too, got my stuff from Anthony -- good guy and he had some very fair prices. I did mine a couple of years ago with his version of dynamat and I've been very happy with the performance. For the quarter panels, I just grabbed a large remenant of carpet padding from a carpet store, shredded it, and crammed it in there as much as I could. Actually, I applied the sound deadening as far into the quarter panels as I could reach and then jammed the padding in.

I'd be very interested to see the housing you make for the front door speakers. I put a pair of 6 1/2 in my front doors, but they are not nearly as slick and professional as yours looks. In fact, I should probably do mine over. Keep us posted!

Ed
Old 06-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Epic Ed
I'd be very interested to see the housing you make for the front door speakers. I put a pair of 6 1/2 in my front doors, but they are not nearly as slick and professional as yours looks. In fact, I should probably do mine over. Keep us posted!

Ed
yah anthony is a great guy... I bought B-stock spectrum which he ran out of so he sent me the good stuff 3 day for free!..

As for my baffles they are hardly slick... wait till you see what I have planned... if it works out how I want it too it'll be top notch... I'll post 'em when I'm done
Old 06-02-2006, 09:25 PM

Looks good but is there a reason for running your ground all the way up to the engine compartment? Coulden't you save some wire and $$ buy mounting the ground in the cab?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 AM

YotaND I beleve the ground in the engine bay that you see is an upgraded ground for the engine its self.

You can see the power,remote,rca's,& speaker wire then a ground (however it is kinda long) running across the seat pan.

Last edited by NC-B17A; 06-03-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:28 PM

have you got a guesstimate as to how much all of this might have added to the weight?
Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM

the ground runs into the rear fender well where it is grounded to the frame... the black wire you see in the cab is only ~5 ft long... the wires up front are the "big 3".. alt-batt, batt-chassis, chassis-engine block....

as for weight I'd say ~5 lbs... the liquid deadner is very light (whole bucket weighed ~10lbs and I used half) and the jute weighs next to nothing...

as for improvement I'd say it FEELS quiter... it's hard to say I hear a difference (it'd likely be just a few db's) but the jute isolating my feet from chassis vibration made a world of difference.... It was definately worth my time...

ohh and here is a shameless plug for my favorite car audio deadner company second skin audio...

www.secondskinaudio.com

they are far and away the best deadner around and anthony (the owner) is a true business man who cares about his customers...