Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

So, i got hit in my truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, i got hit in my truck today...

Random woman turned left from the right lane, right through me. The damage wasn't so bad, mostly the passenger door and surrounding area. The first estimate was $2200. I would guess the final estimate might go up. (they rarely go down)
The KBB value on the truck is $3700.
It does have new 31s, a nice bumper and winch.
I'm bummed because even though it had a bunch of miles (233k) it was in really nice shape (perfect body, really clean interior, all the SR5 goodies).
Do you think its worth more than $3700?
Do you think they will want to total my truck?
Can I take the money and run?
The truck is gonna still work for everything I need it for, so I'd rather just keep it and the money.
I can't believe (knocking on wood right now) that I got to my age and haven't needed to know any of this stuff yet.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:36 PM

where's the pics
Old 12-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, we wanna see some dents! hahah, jk

sorry, you sound very calm about the whole thing though.

keep the truck!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some insurance will give you the money by check that will be handed to you for the accident cause on your truck, you can take the money and run while they said to fix it... If you got injure on an accident, some insurance will hand you more money, about five thousand dollars just for the medical, so if they do that then don't take it, the medical cost will go more then five thousand dollars. Go do the proper paper work for your medical, etc first then see how much it will cost you then that is the time to go sue the insurance to pay up the lost time and the medical fee.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See what they want to buy it back if they total it, or fix it.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM

There weren't any injuries in the accident, so the medical thing doesn't really matter. I guess I'll get another estimate or two and see what they are gonna offer me on the whole thing.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM

I went through this a few months ago don't back down with the adjuster you still have the truck in your possession ? if so that can work in your favor
if they speak of totaling it out don't say yes to any low ball offers tell them listen here I did not cause this accident your client hit me I want my truck fixed back to the way it was if not I will take this claim to a lawyer also make it clear that you are all ready saving them lots of money by not running up hospital bills and that you are a little sore but not to the point yet of going to a doctor.

they will try to low ball you that is their job but just keep pointing out the fact that their client hit you.

if they do plan on totaling your truck they will inspect the truck tires if it has AC oil dripping dents rust ect.
looking back I should have put my AC back in my truck before they came and inspected my truck.
your mileage will kill some of the price would be my guess
also they won't care too much about after market stuff unless you have receipts for every thing that has been bought and work done.

if they do total your truck they either will offer it back or sell it back to you mine cost me 300$ to get it back.

good luck and I hope they fix it for you

and as stated above where are the pics???