Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Parts list for Weber 32/36 conversion? Preferred fuel pressure regulator and intake a

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts list for Weber 32/36 conversion? Fuel pressure regulator and intake adapter?

I can't figure out my stock, de-smogged Aisan, so I've decided to install a new Weber in its place. However, I'm performing this conversion under circumstances that won't let me run to the auto parts store mid-job. Everything necessary for the swap must be available before I begin or I could find myself stranded.

What is the best brand / part no. fuel pressure regulator to use here? A lot of guys suggest the Holley 12-804 but I hear they are prone to premature failure, and that genuine Weber/Redline regulators are a safer bet.

Also, is there a cheaper alternative to LCE's spiral intake adapter? Is anyone running one of these? What's with the angled hole bored right into the adapter?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/t...Reviews=Newest

Any other miscellaneous gaskets, plugs, hardware, etc I should have handy?

Last edited by Triple; 11-19-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:22 AM

Received 805 Likes on 528 Posts
i've been running a holley 12-804 for at least 15 years in my cj5 using a weber 32/36. if it failed, the weber wouldn't run, because the amc fuel pump puts out at least 12 psi, and the weber specifies 1 to 4 psi.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I run the Holley as well. No issues in 10 or so years. I also run the LCE. I used the two piece adapter with no issues but decided to eliminate potential issues when I went from the 32/36 to the 38. If you use the two piece use Hylomar to seal the gaskets. Trans-dapt makes a one piece, $42 at Summit. The hole is for the Nitrous connection. :-)
Old 11-20-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 87yo_ta
I run the Holley as well. No issues in 10 or so years. I also run the LCE. I used the two piece adapter with no issues but decided to eliminate potential issues when I went from the 32/36 to the 38. If you use the two piece use Hylomar to seal the gaskets. Trans-dapt makes a one piece, $42 at Summit. The hole is for the Nitrous connection. :-)
For every owner satisfied with the Redline two-piece adapter set there seems to be 20+ who can't stand it. I suppose the key to its success is a very good sealant.

Some folks seem satisfied with the Trans-dapt adapter, but there are complaints of very poor build quality with uneven surfaces, protruding slag, etc. I've read about several owners having to machine the top and bottom surfaces to make proper seals. I can't tell from the photos whether or not that hole is threaded. I assumed it was for connecting the front valve cover breather to vacuum as it is on the stock arrangement, but it appears you'd have to thread in your own nipple (or plug) to use it.

I haven't found a single complaint regarding LCE's spiral adapter.

Good to know about the Holley; at 1/4 the price of a Weber regulator, that's probably what I'll try first.