Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

New (used) 94 pickup 4x4 SR5

Old 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (used) 94 pickup 4x4 SR5

Howdy all,

New here. First post. I just bought this from a friend who put in a new engine and it runs smooth; drives tight. I bought it mostly for work to haul stuff - light duty. But also as a daily driver most of the time.

The body is a bit dinged up so I'm thinking of giving it a paint job but what Id really like to do is get new seats and carpet as well as an updated stereo. Does anyone have any advice where to turn for these parts and modifications?

Cheers
Old 05-12-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome, I too have a '94 4x4 pickup, only mine is a DLX Xtracab without all the SR5 goodies, however I'm slowly converting it over at the mercy of whatever 4Runner parts I encounter at the nearby junkyards. So far I've added the SR5 vent in front of the driver's knee area, as well as a nice maplight setup with a sunglasses holder built in. I'm trying to replace my old ratty bench seat with some bucket seats out of a pickup SR5 or a 4Runner, but all I've found in the junkyards are 4Runner bucket seats that are blue or brown (not matching my grey interior) and they always have huge holes in them, typically with the windows down to collect all kinds of rain for months. I did manage to get my hands on a brown center console from a 4Runner that was a 5 speed, so it's got the shifter boots and whatnot, but I'll have to paint/dye it. I've recently come across where apparently '97-'01 Honda Prelude seats fit without too much fabrication, but I'm thinking I'd rather have OEM, however at the rate that it's going finding some decent condition seats, it might end up being my best option.

Maybe 4Runner carpet can work for you? Not sure how compatible they are. I swapped my Kenwood from my 2000 Civic Si that I sold after buying my pickup, and that's gotta be better than the crummy headunit this truck came with. It's very easy to swap stereos, and this is coming from someone who is colorblind haha. Also worth mentioning, I replaced my speakers with Kickers from Walmart (they were on clearance back in November when I did this), and I installed them with the speaker box/enclosures from a 4Runner in the junkyard. If your truck is an SR5, it might already have them, but they're definitely worth having as it gives the 2 front speakers a lot more punch. Hope this helps!