Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New full rear leaf packs for 132$ a pair... shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New full rear leaf packs for 132$ a pair... shipped!

edit 10jan2013 - The reseller, CARID.com, not the manufacturer sent me the wrong item. They sent me add-a-leafs (SJ part# FLTR20S) instead of the whole leaf pack (SJ part# TR20). Before ordering, I talked to a salesperson and a tech at CARID.com and they both confirmed that the part # was TR20 and it was for a complete pair of leaf packs. My invoice says that I ordered part# TR20. I am returning the add-a-leafs and I will post updates after I talk to CARID. I am editing this to warn people of the problem. On the links that I posted below, TR20 shows up on the main part description, however, as b4wheeler points out, at the very bottom it does also have the other part number in "fine print". I am convinced that their web layout guy made a mistake and we will see if they make good on their deal. Until then I can not recommend that anyone buy this.

EDIT 12-27-2012 - CARID.com not owning up to their mistake even though they have the original phone conversation recorded where the sales guy and a tech guy assured me it was for a pair whole whole leaf packs! Add-a-leafs are being returned. Sorry for getting everyones' hopes up for nothing. I will wait until the transaction is complete before posting another "good deal" again. Lesson learned.

Thought that might get your attention!!!

First - introductions... HEY YA'LL! I'm Jody from North Carolina. Been lurkin for a month or so and I must have read at least 200 threads, some rolling 10+ pages deep. It's what I do when I'm not workin on my new rig or the other job that pays the bills. I feel like I know some of you guys on here already... solved at least 5 issues by doing a search. For that I say thanks and I hope that maybe I can return the favor by helping someone else one day. The info and attitude here is top notch!!!

This is my second post so I'm not sure that it is OK to post a link to where I bought these leaf springs. I'm not afiliated with the seller or manufacturer in any way, but both the site and the manufacturer are legit. I'm just a dude who bought a sweet, un-molesterated 88 4runner a month or so ago lookin to cure the sag.

I have read at least a hundred posts on the sag... ZUK, ZUK-weld, ZUK-no weld, TJ , add a leafs.... etc. ect. and on and on. Well, I almost pulled the trigger on the Black Magic Springs and I came across a site where I think they have the price wrong. I called them to confirm and made sure they did not mis-print the part# and they confirmed it was for a pair. They even connected me with a tech and he confirmed it also. Everywhere else these springs are 360$ or so a pair. They charged my card $131.48, so it's a done deal for me.

Thought I would share if someone comes on here and says it's OK. Might make someone a nice little Christmas present!

Cheers.

Jody

Last edited by JodyR; 01-10-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Post up the link!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Skyjacker TR20 http://www.carid.com/1988-toyota-4ru...m-1480818.html

Same for +2 and +4

Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM

+2 over stock here... http://www.carid.com/1988-toyota-4ru...m-1480820.html

+4 over stock here... http://www.carid.com/1988-toyota-4ru...m-1480824.html
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM

I couldn't find many reviews of these things... anybody had any first hand experience?

I confirmed with Skyjacker that they are 3 leafs + OL with teflon sliders in between each leaf on the stock height and the +2. I assume it ts the same configuration for the +4's too, but I didn't ask.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM

$360 at Summit

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sja-tr20
Old 12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
ZUK

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JodyR
I couldn't find many reviews of these things... anybody had any first hand experience?

I confirmed with Skyjacker that they are 3 leafs + OL with teflon sliders in between each leaf on the stock height and the +2. I assume it ts the same configuration for the +4's too, but I didn't ask.
I have some experience with the 6" Skyjackers....ran them in 2000 in the ARCA events on a 1992shortbed with all the cool rockcrawling stuff needed to compete in the event at the time....I thought they were a very firm pack...kinda stiff....limited wheel travel as a result. And I bent the front single rolled leaf on the driver side (non-military wrap)while trying to back up and the rear 36" swamper was wedged up against a boulder. Give us some feedback when you get them installed. That is a fantastic price on a pair for sure......but don't throw away your old OEM packs just in case
ZUK

Last edited by ZUK; 12-21-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish there was some reviews on these badboys, I'd order them up right now. I don't think mine are bad but just WANT to replace them.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM

Yeah, me too Woody. At this price though, I guess I don't mind being the guinea pig!

Well Dang Zuk. I sure something has changed since then. I talked to a Skyjacker tech and he said that these should be pretty soft and if I was planning on loading it down, that I should add a leaf to it.

I was thinking of adding a coil instead
Old 12-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I've been looking for replacement springs for the last few months and haven't found any for a decent price until this. I just placed an order for the exact ones you got, the stock 0-2" height one. My passenger spring is sagging really bad and the whole truck leans towards that side. These are gonna be perfect for me as I'm not wanting to lift it just do the stock height and level the front. Wow this saved me a ton of money, I just hope they fit!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:34 AM

Glad to help! I picked the stock height as well. Mine should be here today. I'll be sure to post pics.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM

Looks like I have been bad. Lump of coal for me.

Well ehenson99, I hope you get the TR20. Even though TR20 is on the order, it looks like they sent me a pair of part# FLTR20S. Before placing the order, I checked with no less than 3 people to make sure this was for a pair of full leaf packs. I'm hoping CARID.com will make it right.

For those of you still interested, it looks like the hole is offset from center. I did'nt have a cloth tape so I did my best to bend the metal tape to the arch of the leaf while taking the pics.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I thought that price was to good to be true!!

I will be curious how this plays out.

When Summit had them at @ $360.00 I knew something was wrong.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Looks like I have been bad. Lump of coal for me.

Well ehenson99, I hope you get the TR20. Even though TR20 is on the order, it looks like they sent me a pair of part# FLTR20S. Before placing the order, I checked with no less than 3 people to make sure this was for a pair of full leaf packs. I'm hoping CARID.com will make it right.

For those of you still interested, it looks like the hole is offset from center. I did'nt have a cloth tape so I did my best to bend the metal tape to the arch of the leaf while taking the pics.
Well, that sucks
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Just ordered but now I am going to try and cancel.. I needed to replace some blocks, but do not want add-a-leafs....

If you read far enough into the description it says "Toyota 4Runner 1985-1989, Leaf Spring by Skyjacker®. Softride Leaf Spring; Lift Height 0-1 in. And 2 in.; Fitted; For PN[TR20]; Pair; Rear."

And when you go to your hyperlink, the page title is FLTR20. So it is indeed only the add-a-leaf... Bad business on their part and bad info, but they are correct in sending you that part...

Sorry....

Last edited by b4wheeler; 12-24-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 PM

how disappointing
Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 PM

I am so sorry guys.

I thought I found a good deal... was hoping to make christmas bright for others as well! I hear you wyoming9. We will see indeed.

b4wheeler... how can you say that they are right? Where in my invoice does it say FLTR20? Bad buisiness. Especially when I called them and made sure... with a salesman and a tech no less.

Oh well... It is Christmas eve, I'll finish on a merry note...

In the scope of things today I count myself truly lucky! In my house, my glass is full and the smell of fresh sourdough bread fills the room as the most beautiful woman in the world is in my kitchen baking christmas presents for my family!

Cheers everyone!

Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM

b4wheeler... how can you say that they are right? Where in my invoice does it say FLTR20? Bad business. Especially when I called them and made sure... with a salesman and a tech no less.

Merry Christmas!!!
I just looked at the webpage further and if you look down at the very bottom under Product Description... There is this line....

"Brand: Skyjacker Part Number: FLTR20 UPC: 803696133249"

Not picking a fight. Just pointing out what I saw and why I canceled my order.......
I guess they can hide info deep in the copy and claim that you should have seen it........
Old 12-25-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
Bummer. Almost bought a set. Good thing I read the whole thread Haha.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 AM

Hey ehenson99, did yours come yet?

Quick Reply: New full rear leaf packs for 132$ a pair... shipped!