Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

need help identifying instrument cluster (89 pickup w/3vze)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help identifying instrument cluster (89 pickup w/3vze)

hi! so I picked up this pickup about a month ago. the previous owner seemed to have added some stickers to the instrument clusters for styling.
you cant really see it in the pics that well but at night time it makes the speedo/tach almost completely unreadable. the numbers behind it shine through and blend with the new numbers

I never really thought much about it until i started calculating the mpg I was getting and realized my mpg was not adding up

then I noticed that although the new stickers are in km (as it shiuld be in canada) the odometer, trip odometer and the speedo are in miles! the previous owner sold me this truck as 293,xxx kilometers on the odometer but in fact has 293,xxx miles. hmm..

anyway, I would like to peel the stickers off, but if you can see, the tach and the speedo both dont line up, so my question is, if the instrument cluster isnt stock, then what vehicle would it be from?

and any way I can figure out how many km this truck actually has?

thanks!

need help identifying instrument cluster (89 pickup w/3vze)-ql7nprz.jpg

need help identifying instrument cluster (89 pickup w/3vze)-ifqjpis.jpg

need help identifying instrument cluster (89 pickup w/3vze)-uul4m61.jpg

the previous owner owned the vehicle for 3 years, is a mechanic and used it as a parts truck so If he didnt put the stickers on, I highly doubt he was unaware it is in miles