Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Truck Got Wrecked #$%@! By Another Toyota!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Truck Got Wrecked #$%@! By Another Toyota!

Well today on my way to work, my truck was wrecked. It hurts me so bad to see the truck I have taken such good care of get ruined.

Also sad to see another fellow Toyota hit me...

I wanted to see what you guys think. I don't expect it to be repairable...
If you look, the top is bent down...

My neck hurts pretty bad, and I am going to the doctor soon.

This was my truck...

Here is his Toyota.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:09 PM

ouch.... hope you have full coverage!

how fast was he going?? im guessing 30mph
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ouch thats sucks kinda weird the other truck was white too you could buy it back and make it into a trail rig
Old 06-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Ey yi yi. Looks like both rigs are totaled Hope ya'll had insurance.

I see at least $5k in repairs to your rig. They total them for less damage than that, i and I am willing to bet your frame is bent to boot.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Yeah, I figured it's ruined.

I have full coverage, we both have State Farm Insurance...
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow man what are the chances of another toyota 4x4 hitting your truck?? i guess this is a good excuse to get a 1st gen 4runner now! or maybe a 3rd gen lol
Old 06-15-2008, 12:24 PM

sorry to hear that... you should definatly check the frame before you decide what to do.. but since its a 4runner, idk... since the cab is all one piece.. there is a 4 runner with a decent cab in a junkyard here in simi valley.. you may be able to tell the insurance that you dont want to total it (as long as the frame isnt bent).. then take the cash for the estimate and use it to replace the body, you may even have a few thousand left over.. it would be a lot of work though.. id help you out if you decide to go that route.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 PM

oh!.. and i hope your neck is ok!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Thanks JCM, I need to decide what to do. The truck is parked in that lot until tomorrow when the bodyshops open.

Then I will get my quote saying its probably going to cost about $7,000, and they will total it. Depending on that, I may take the route in getting a car.
After that, I may get another 4runner and turn it into a trail rig. I shouldn't be DD'ing my 4runner anyways with these gas prices. But if I can buy it back for a grand or two, I think chances are I will go that route..

Funny thing (or really not funny...) was that I saw him hit me. I saw him behind me farther back, watched the guy in front of me slow down turn right and then I glance back and see he is flying. (keep in mind this is in the blink of an eye pretty much), and I cursed so loud knowing what had happened.

I had recently put $200 into new air conditioning, $75 for new brakes, I had $250 speakers in there... So horrible. I looked in the back, and the inside was all messed up. The panels were all bent up. I am so pissed off.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 PM

sorry to hear that. hope everything works out and your neck is ok.

OT im in moorpark
Old 06-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by infiltrator
Thanks JCM, I need to decide what to do. The truck is parked in that lot until tomorrow when the bodyshops open.

Then I will get my quote saying its probably going to cost about $7,000, and they will total it. Depending on that, I may take the route in getting a car.
After that, I may get another 4runner and turn it into a trail rig. I shouldn't be DD'ing my 4runner anyways with these gas prices. But if I can buy it back for a grand or two, I think chances are I will go that route..

Funny thing (or really not funny...) was that I saw him hit me. I saw him behind me farther back, watched the guy in front of me slow down turn right and then I glance back and see he is flying. (keep in mind this is in the blink of an eye pretty much), and I cursed so loud knowing what had happened.

I had recently put $200 into new air conditioning, $75 for new brakes, I had $250 speakers in there... So horrible. I looked in the back, and the inside was all messed up. The panels were all bent up. I am so pissed off.
If you buy it back, you are going to need a car for a DD and a rig to tow around the 4runner, so the idea of saving on gas will be thrown out the window.
Make sure you get thoroughly checked out before you worry about the truck.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry about the news man... I know you had big plans for the 4Runner.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Yeah, but the fact was, my truck was in just about MINT condition. I waxed it every couple of weeks, kept the carpets clean, just put more money into making it liveable with a/c and brakes, and now its all thrown out of the window.

I wanted my 4runner to someday be a trail rig, but for now while I was driving it daily, I wanted it to be slick and shiney...
I can't imagine life without my 4runner. It never gave me problems, always started up. Headgaskets never failed on me, and all it did was leak oil ever little bit...

Sad to see in 14 years of this trucks life to end in such a horrible way.

My neck is getting extremely stiff. I am going to get it checked out in a couple hours.

The guy was going about 40mph when he hit me. The speed limit for that street is about 45-50mph zone..
Old 06-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Here is a picture of my BMX bike inside my truck. As you can see its a mess inside...

Old 06-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that sucks. I had the same feelings the other when someone hit me, the instant it happened I thought , "Man, all the work I've done on this old truck is ruined!" I got lucky though...

I'll bet your neck will just be sore for the next few days, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You probably just got a ligament sprain or a muscle strain, give it a few weeks. If there was someone really wrong, you'd know...
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't wait a few weeks. You might have something wrong, get checked out and make sure the insurance company knows.

Sorry about your runner, I have to say, that thing was damn clean!

Last edited by Jay351; 06-15-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Makes me shiver. The 85 I just got is in great shape, I hope I get the beginnings of an exo on before something like this happens to me. You will be sore for the next week, when I rolled my truck my whole left side hurt like hades for about a week and a half. That was my black 87 that I swapped cabs on so I could keep it on the road. If the frame's not bent it's not impossible to swap a whole body. It takes a long time to do but when you get it finished it is definitely worth it to have your baby back. I don't know much about 90+ trucks or 4runners but if you decide to take that route I'll do my best to help over the net at least. I ended up getting something better than my 87 because I wrecked it. I still miss it though.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you decide to fix it, I'll provide the stripe at no cost to you. (Freebie) Thanks for sportin my Yotatech Adventure Decal. It hurts to see a Runner get hit in the back, the quarters fold like a bad hand. Email me and let me know if you fix it.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say buy it back and bob and chop it then you can get that dent out of there and use the money to get a differnt car for a dd but thats just me

and no i really wouldnt wanna see a clean truck like yours go under the knife but if it works just an idea

and im really sory to hear that man sorry about the truck and the neck i really am when i rolled my neon i walked away with nothing not even all my money back from the car and i had fulll coverage too lol
Old 06-15-2008, 06:51 PM

i'm sorry

Quick Reply: My Truck Got Wrecked #$%@! By Another Toyota!