Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Oil Leak (^^)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Oil Leak (^^)

...OK, another oil leak.

Just today, went on a hunting trip. When we we're done hunting we drove off then a truck came pass us and stick a middle finger at us and I stick the middle finger back at him so as I look at my oil pressure it was in the low side, before the first line, so I was driving that for 7 mile, and finally make a stop at the gas station, got some cheap oil and pour it in ( 4 qts. ), then off we went. While in the freeway the pressure is back to normal, a 70 miles drive and while driving I can smell oil burning all the way home, while we were closer to home the truck seem to miss fire a bit but not alot so finally got home. I let the truck idle and open up the hood, oil was burning, and rev it a bit then I look under the truck and find a pool of oil and pouring out as fast as I can count to 5... so I rush to shut the truck off. But damn how lucky I am that it didn't occur while I was driving that long, phew! I know that it is coming from the oil pump through the seal, it was leaking alittle back then but today was the day. Now that this has come to my mind that I have to fix it, so I'll be back to fixing it again, new timing belt, water pump, and seal's. I also have couple pix of the leak...

Oil spill, and all over the IFS.

and all over the engine.

Last edited by Guardian_Saint; 10-16-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:53 PM

fun stuff.... NOT... good luck
Old 10-14-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that , where exactly is it leaking ?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:13 PM

hehe, it'll be fun. It might be leaking from the oil pump through the seal, it leak before not alot though, but yesterday was the day that it finally gave up. Today I am starting to work on it, I got the seal but as I was saying I might as well change the timing belt and water pump that I haven't change on my last maintenence, the timing belt might of cover with oil already so let see if it is. Hope is what I am thinking though or esle I am parting it out or make it fun by throwing in the 3.4 ...

Last edited by Guardian_Saint; 10-16-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Guardian_Saint
hehe, it'll be fun. It might be leaking from the oil pump through the seal, it leak before not alot though, but yesterday was the day that it finally gave up. Today I am starting to work on it, I got the seal but I was saying I might as well change the timing belt and water pump that I haven't change on my last maintenence, the timing belt might of cover with oil already so let see if it is. Hope is what I am thinking though or esle I am parting it out or make it fun by throwing in the 3.4 ...
Keep us posted
Old 10-14-2007, 02:33 PM

i wonder why you got the middle finger
Old 10-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 85toy
i wonder why you got the middle finger
Hmmmmmmmmm , tell us Gaurdian_Saint , tell us true hehe
Old 10-14-2007, 02:58 PM

I don't know either too, but he was looking at us so I gave him a " hi " as my right hand said, then as I was looking at my left mirror I saw him stick out the middle finger, maybe he tought that I stick the middle finger at him? hmm no but that place is known to be only for caucasian so I think he did it on purpose as the way he look at us in the mean way... I would think if he knew who we were he would of ram us there. He was driving a very late '74+ ford pickup.

If maybe I can get a video and let you guy see how the people over there reacted toward other, you know I am talking about lolz. Next time tough, one time I pass a group of caucasian and heard 4 gun shot after I pass them then a Ford was following me for 1 mile then he turn back, tought once that they shot at me but I guess telling me to F*** off? ...

Last edited by Guardian_Saint; 10-14-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:07 PM

I don't know either too, but he was looking at us so I gave him a " hi " as my right hand said, then as I was looking at my left mirror I saw him stick out the middle finger, maybe he tought that I stick the middle finger at him? hmm no but that place is known to be only for caucasian so I think he did it on purpose as the way he look at us in the mean way... I would think if he knew who we were he would of ram us there. He was driving a very late '74+ ford pickup.
Oh so he is one of those white supremacist , we should track him down and restrain him and make him watch old movies about Harriet Tubman hehe , we'll fix'em , thats why the Old West was so awesome - we good just go and take care of him but then he prolly would have done the same to you , so system is working somewhat and one day beleive me he will get whats coming to him one way or the other .
Old 10-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by n4ynu1010
Oh so he is one of those white supremacist , we should track him down and restrain him and make him watch old movies about Harriet Tubman hehe , we'll fix'em , thats why the Old West was so awesome - we good just go and take care of him but then he prolly would have done the same to you , so system is working somewhat and one day beleive me he will get whats coming to him one way or the other .
supremacist... yeah I will try to avoid giong there alot now maybe once every month were they less active on Sunday...
Old 10-14-2007, 03:59 PM

supremacist... yeah I will try to avoid giong there alot now maybe once every month were they less active on Sunday...
Well I wish you were closer , I would go wheeling down there with you , I have no fear when it comes to racism or prejudice , it makes my blood boil , I am an Old School Confederate , lots of history in my family , but that doesn't mean I look at or treat anybody different - I will stop and help anyone/talk with anyone because they are people just like you and me , we are all together here and there really is no room for that kind of behavior , I have good friends that probably cover every ethnic race , and I consider and respect each one the same .
Ok , I'm done

PS - reference Petition to lower POST Character limit from 5 to 3 Characters
Old 10-14-2007, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the compliment n4ynu1010.

Here is the update on the work. Got every parts out from the engine to get to the seal but having hard time to get the 19mm bolt loose and manage to broke the socket trying too so tomorrow will try again.

Timing belt seem fine w/o oil, but oil was all over the cover.

The 1/2 19mm socket that broke.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 PM

What is this donkey dick doing here? ROFL!

LMFAO!

Last edited by corvey; 10-14-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^

That's classy.....

I've gotta tell ya, when I saw that I busted up laughing, and woke the dogs up with my hideous laughter. That was pretty random...

I can't believe I'm commenting on this...maybe this is why I'm not moderator material...

Last edited by stormin94; 10-15-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by corvey
What is this donkey dick doing here? ROFL!

LMFAO!
I would imagine he has done a ISR Mod and did not re-connect the PCV to the intake .........That is a crankcase breather I would be willing to bet
Old 10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

It's the breather and for the reason to be there, other have just plug a filter into it or to the intake but I like mine as is, save the air for the engine . That only goes to the reed valve so it only activate when it cold or first start of the day. Do you need one breather? I have like ten available they do fit perfectly in the tube, and I bet you wouldn't be laughing at that...

Last edited by Guardian_Saint; 10-15-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by n4ynu1010
I would imagine he has done a ISR Mod and did not re-connect the PCV to the intake .........That is a crankcase breather I would be willing to bet
I'm not sure he has done any mods..........and that's no crankcase breather either.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by naadomail
I'm not sure he has done any mods..........and that's no crankcase breather either.
Not to much mod, thing that i did are, EGR, coil, ISR, and everything is stock.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Not to much mod, thing that i did are, EGR, coil, ISR, and everything is stock.
I was talking about the donkey LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by naadomail
Alot of people that do the ISR Mod use those type filter breathers for a crankcase vent from the port where the PCV used to connect and or replace the oil fill cap with breather , thats what it looked like to me

Quick Reply: My Oil Leak (^^)